Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to leave my sunroof open while I'm at work, etc., to keep the interior a little cooler, BUT we are in the monsoon season here in Virginia. (Okay, it's usually called spring, but it is raining every day, even on the days that rain isn't in the forecast!)

So, my question is how much rain gets into the E with the sunroof open (and the car stationary)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
When I was down at OBX last week, we took the 40-minute ferry from Hatteras to Ocracoke Island. (hello regional-name spell checker!) :D

It was rainy/hot/muggy as hell, and you're not allowed to run your car while on the ferry, so there was no A/C.

We ended up reclining the back seats all the way back, opening the sunroof, and playing UNO. The sunroof did an awesome job of keeping the rain out. The rain would hit the roof and then some of that splatter would occasionally get in, but it wasn't bad. The sunroof has some sort of water channeling system around it because you can hear the water make a sorta cool sound as it drains down wherever it goes.

Having said all of that, I'd not be too comfy with the idea of leaving it open unattended (with all of the crazy tstorms we get out here, anyhow). :)

·
12,180 Posts
This is alittle off topic.Does anyone else bother to remove their sunroof.I find it a real pain in the butt.I would have paid more to have a power slider located closer to the front of my E.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts