Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All-

I was strolling around Best Buy tonight and came upon this awesome looking Micro iPod / Iphone charger. I had hoped that it would clear the 12v cover and snap in as well so it would look super slick.

And guess what.. it does! See the pictures attached. The thing was $19.99 this week, and it came with an apple sync cable as well (I always have a tendency to lose them). Best Buy had a 10% coupon as well for RewardsZone members.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...micro&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218064404513

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Best Buy, but they do have some diamonds every now and then.

LMK what you guys think!
Kit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's nuts how much it sticks out, but I can see where this adapter can come in handy!
Yeah, mine sticks out quite a bit.

Hey, you know where yours will come in really handy is the e-brake center console between seats. I've been planning on installing one or two 12-v accessory outlets down there for my passengers to use to charge their phones and other devices. I haven't done it because I didn't really like the idea of having things there i.e. plugs that stick out and can be kicked or hit. This charger you found would be awesome in what I had in mind.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, mine sticks out quite a bit.

Hey, you know where yours will come in really handy is the e-brake center console between seats. I've been planning on installing one or two 12-v accessory outlets down there for my passengers to use to charge their phones and other devices. I haven't done it because I didn't really like the idea of having things there i.e. plugs that stick out and can be kicked or hit. This charger you found would be awesome in what I had in mind.
Oh yeahh! that is totally true. Adding more fuel to the fire, how about the rear trunk 12V adapter. Plenty of uses for this thing.

The only bugger i found thus far is once the little guy is in the 12V, it's pretty damn hard to pull it back out. For better or for worse i suppose. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Oh yeahh! that is totally true. Adding more fuel to the fire, how about the rear trunk 12V adapter. Plenty of uses for this thing.

The only bugger i found thus far is once the little guy is in the 12V, it's pretty damn hard to pull it back out. For better or for worse i suppose. :rolleyes:
You bring up an excellent point. The built in outlets in the E are very tight. Yeah, I guess they're pretty much going to be "permanent" once in, huh?

Well, for me the dash has only been used to charge phones. I installed an outlet under the dash to power my GPS. The one in the rear trunk has my inverter. So as long as I can find some decent outlets that are not too tight, I can use those for the center console. LOL :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You bring up an excellent point. The built in outlets in the E are very tight. Yeah, I guess they're pretty much going to be "permanent" once in, huh?

Well, for me the dash has only been used to charge phones. I installed an outlet under the dash to power my GPS. The one in the rear trunk has my inverter. So as long as I can find some decent outlets that are not too tight, I can use those for the center console. LOL :)
Same here for the dash being used only for charging phones. I dont' smoke, nor do I let anyone in my car smoke.. otherwise, they walk! :D

I abuse the iPhone a lot and drain the battery like it's no tomorrow. I have chargers everywhere I go except for the Element; until tonight. Now I'm pretty much covered.

Guess you have a new project ahead of you huh Snuffleupagus :D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Same here for the dash being used only for charging phones. I dont' smoke, nor do I let anyone in my car smoke.. otherwise, they walk! :D
Yup, nobody smokes in my E either. Including me. I stand in the rain if I have to. One of my many strict rule for my E. :)

I abuse the iPhone a lot and drain the battery like it's no tomorrow.
LOL I do the same with my iPhone. It's a good thing I had an iPod Classic 160GB that holds my entire music library with plenty more space left before I got my iPhone or my iPhone would be my music player in the E too. :rolleyes:

Guess you have a new project ahead of you huh Snuffleupagus :D
Well, it's already on the list of mods to do. I've got HID headlights and LED turn signals behind the side mirror mods too. I just need to buy these plugs. Oh, and decide whether I want one or two outlets on the console. LOL :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, nobody smokes in my E either. Including me. I stand in the rain if I have to. One of my many strict rule for my E. :)
If I smoke, it will be the death of me! :)

LOL I do the same with my iPhone. It's a good thing I had an iPod Classic 160GB that holds my entire music library with plenty more space left before I got my iPhone or my iPhone would be my music player in the E too. :rolleyes:
Your an iPod / iPhone dude just like me. I can't get away from APPLE! Damn you Steve Jobs and your awesomeness!!

Well, it's already on the list of mods to do. I've got HID headlights and LED turn signals behind the side mirror mods too. I just need to buy these plugs. Oh, and decide whether I want one or two outlets on the console. LOL :D
HID and LED turn signals are on my list of to do as well. That's creepy cool! I promised myself nothing else Element related until the new year.... 3 more months! :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello All-

I was strolling around Best Buy tonight and came upon this awesome looking Micro iPod / Iphone charger. I had hoped that it would clear the 12v cover and snap in as well so it would look super slick.

And guess what.. it does! See the pictures attached. The thing was $19.99 this week, and it came with an apple sync cable as well (I always have a tendency to lose them). Best Buy had a 10% coupon as well for RewardsZone members.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...micro&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218064404513

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Best Buy, but they do have some diamonds every now and then.

LMK what you guys think!
Kit
Dude - that's awesome! One problem though. Can't find it anywhere in The Twin Cities. I'll start looking online. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny, was about to make a thread about this because I just bought one today while gallivanting in Best Buy. It is pure awesomeness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts