Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize the article I am about to quote is for a generic K20 Engine. The jist of the article is what to do to increase HP on a K20. (Quoted from the August issue of Super Street, by the "Professionals" at Raceline Development). I'm not trying to start another debate over $$ per hp and how stupid it is to spend hundreds or thousands to gain 45 more hp max, I'm just curious how many of you agree or disagree with their recommendations and why.

Stock US Spec. K20A2 - 180 whp.

Stage 1 - 200 whp:
Cold Air Intake (AEM or Injen)
Header (DC Sports or Buddy Club)
Exhaust (HKS Tri-Power, GReddy or Tanabe)

Stage 2 - 215 whp:
70 mm Throttle Body
Intake Manifold (RBC)
Tuning (AEM EMS)

Stage 3 - 225 whp:
Camshafts (Blue Print Racing Stage 2, Skunk2 or Crower)
Intake manifold (Stock Ported)

www.racelineusa.com

·
Registered
498 Posts
Super street doesn't what they are doing. I don't see a fuel pump or injectors on that list, and why use an EMS when there is k-pro? For the amount of money spent to get to stage 3, you could to a turbo build and be safely at 400hp.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't figure out why they recommend an RBC Intake for stage 2, then recommend a stock ported intake for stage 3?

·
Registered
320 Posts
haha i know some of the guys at raceline development.

but yeah tuning should be in their stage 3. i wouldn't waste my money on a EMS and tuning w/ just the basic bolt ons, rbc manifold and a bigger TB lol.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Suprisingly, our motors, with the VTC and such, respond WONDERFUL to tuning, even with boltons. FYI
i know it will but i still wouldn't waste close to 2k for an ems w/ tuning unless i had internal work done first. If someone is willing to spend the money on NA upgrades, might as well get the cams and valvetrain FIRST then tuning after. No need to tune twice, if going from stage 2 to 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts