Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to trade in my 2002 F150 for one of these. These little things are phatty and I love the massive amount of headroom they offer. My F150 rocked with my added Superchip and I was wondering if any of you have found a performance chip for this vehicle yet? I know the engine and such is similar to other models so I emailed the Superchips folks. I will post here whatever reply I get.

· Registered
917 Posts
The engine is the same as other Honda engines. Its an I-Vtech, similar (if not the same) to some of the other Honda I-vtech engines that you see emblazoned in decals on some of the "riced out" cars. The E is new, and I doubt if there is something like that for it out right now, but maybe if there is for say the civic or crv, that might work?

· Registered
493 Posts
I spoke to an Independent Honda Technition re: CAI and other mods for this specific engine and while I pointed out that the same engine is in the CRV it is still a new (larger) engine and therefore subject to waiting while new mods are tested, etc. Best thing to do is wait for 6 months to a year.

Nuts!

Shaka!

Ger

· Registered
9 Posts
There should be a "chip" available for the E in the near future. The "standard trans & the auto will require different parameters, so what comes first is,at this time unknown.

BTW, I know no more about whats going on here than you do, but I do know a few ppls who write some code :D I will post as soon as I know more..

· Registered
21 Posts
Superchips normally deals with domestics and rarely hondas. In the past chipping a honda required putting in a new socket for the additional chip. With the new I-Vtec it is possible to reflash the ECU (see Hondata) but gains will probably be very limited by this especially on a stock vehicle, and it will most likely void the warranty. Give it a few months and there should be some power adders out there, you must remember though this thing is a pig at over 3,000 lbs so don't expect to pull 10s in it any time soon.

· Registered
895 Posts
The "E" has been rated at 8.1 for the manual and 9.6 for the auto doing the 0-60 acceleration test by Motorweek. You'd be quite surprised how well it pulls from 1st.

· Registered
107 Posts
[quote:f0a217bdd7="Hawaiian E"]The engine is the same as other Honda engines. Its an I-Vtech, similar (if not the same) to some of the other Honda I-vtech engines that you see emblazoned in decals on some of the "riced out" cars. The E is new, and I doubt if there is something like that for it out right now, but maybe if there is for say the civic or crv, that might work?[/quote:f0a217bdd7]

i-VTEC. intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control, not Vtech. Vtech is an electronics company. Don't mean to be rude in any way, I just thought it would be good to correct you.

Supposedly JET has a chip for it now. Hondata has the ECU reflash for the RSX...

www.hondata.com

I'm still waiting for Hondata to release an s100 that operates with the K24.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.