Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to trade in my 2002 F150 for one of these. These little things are phatty and I love the massive amount of headroom they offer. My F150 rocked with my added Superchip and I was wondering if any of you have found a performance chip for this vehicle yet? I know the engine and such is similar to other models so I emailed the Superchips folks. I will post here whatever reply I get.

·
Registered
914 Posts
The engine is the same as other Honda engines. Its an I-Vtech, similar (if not the same) to some of the other Honda I-vtech engines that you see emblazoned in decals on some of the "riced out" cars. The E is new, and I doubt if there is something like that for it out right now, but maybe if there is for say the civic or crv, that might work?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I spoke to an Independent Honda Technition re: CAI and other mods for this specific engine and while I pointed out that the same engine is in the CRV it is still a new (larger) engine and therefore subject to waiting while new mods are tested, etc. Best thing to do is wait for 6 months to a year.

Nuts!

Shaka!

Ger

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Unfortunately we do not offer a modification for your vehicle please view
www.superchips.co.uk for an updated list of available models.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any further queries.

Thanks

Constantin

Technical Sales

www.superchips.co.uk"

·
Registered
9 Posts
There should be a "chip" available for the E in the near future. The "standard trans & the auto will require different parameters, so what comes first is,at this time unknown.

BTW, I know no more about whats going on here than you do, but I do know a few ppls who write some code :D I will post as soon as I know more..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Superchips normally deals with domestics and rarely hondas. In the past chipping a honda required putting in a new socket for the additional chip. With the new I-Vtec it is possible to reflash the ECU (see Hondata) but gains will probably be very limited by this especially on a stock vehicle, and it will most likely void the warranty. Give it a few months and there should be some power adders out there, you must remember though this thing is a pig at over 3,000 lbs so don't expect to pull 10s in it any time soon.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The "E" has been rated at 8.1 for the manual and 9.6 for the auto doing the 0-60 acceleration test by Motorweek. You'd be quite surprised how well it pulls from 1st.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote:f0a217bdd7="Hawaiian E"]The engine is the same as other Honda engines. Its an I-Vtech, similar (if not the same) to some of the other Honda I-vtech engines that you see emblazoned in decals on some of the "riced out" cars. The E is new, and I doubt if there is something like that for it out right now, but maybe if there is for say the civic or crv, that might work?[/quote:f0a217bdd7]

i-VTEC. intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control, not Vtech. Vtech is an electronics company. Don't mean to be rude in any way, I just thought it would be good to correct you.

Supposedly JET has a chip for it now. Hondata has the ECU reflash for the RSX...

www.hondata.com

I'm still waiting for Hondata to release an s100 that operates with the K24.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts