Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these are two words that don't go together, but anyway just purchased our 08 Element and was cleaning up it a lil. The previous owner(idiot) had put velcro on the the glass of the moon roof, in order to velcro a heatshield/suncsreen over it, and it must have not stuck very well because there are big thick areas of dried super glue on the glass, where the velcro patches were, and now i am trying to maybe figure out a way to get that junk off with out damaging the glass if at all possible ... any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the glass is factory tinted and there a couple of spots that are probably at least a 1/8" thick...I was thinking about trying nail polish remover .... I already attempted removal with "goo gone" that's when i figured it was super glue or something similar... the goo gone had no effect

·
Registered
145 Posts
Superglue is 100% dissolved by acetone I think. Look on any package of the stuff and it says what to use to clean it up.
Acetone is avail in the paint dept of most bog box stores.
It may also attack plastics.

Nearly all tape stick glues are also removed by acetone.
For a less aggressive approach, use lighter fluid. May not attack plastics.

As always, test in some out of the way spot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Superglue is 100% dissolved by acetone...
You are correct, Acetone is also the primary ingredient in nail polish remover. Try to soften it with nail polish remover, then use a razor blade as Ramblerdan suggested.

·
Registered
29 Posts
goo gone is great for this as well....spray it on...let it sit for a few minutes, and it loosens up the glue really well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts