Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of surf rack can you put on the E. The factory one can only hold 2 boards, and want it to atleast hold 4. I just ordered my new E today. EX 5speed awd. Should be here in about 2 months. Thanks 8)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Soft racks look awesome on the E...If you wanna go with the hard racks, Thule has a setup for their system, go to Thule.com. Yakima racks don't have a system out yet, but will soon i think. Honda sells a rack system also. All of those systems need a surfboard attachment that is sold seperately. I went with the soft racks (20 bucks as opposed to the $200 plus) because I don't have to leave the racks on and can still go through the auto-car wash in town.

A 10-ft board will fit inside your E though, if you go on a solo session.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rack at thule.com only holds two boards. I need it to hold four, for surf trips. Does any on know if the Auto Rack Surfer Gutterless will work, from wetsand.com. Or if and other brands will work. Thanks 8)

·
Registered
914 Posts
probably not...I'm sure if you get the racks from Honda or thule you can just tie down the boards...or maybe just buy the ratchet tie-down system for all 4 boards-like the Koala straps, or buy longer straps for the boards. Maybe have the double soft-racks. You could maybe email the site to see if the gutterless works though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a word of warning about the Honda Surf Rack. It whistles. LOUDLY. A recent trip to San Onofre almost killed my sanity. The crossbars were fine. Adding the surfboard attachment made it whistle unacceptably. Adding the surfboard itself made it scream. No kidding. I am going to try to replace a rubber strip that had to be removed to install the attachment. To replace it, it would need to be cut in pieces to fit around the attachment. Not sure how it will work. I'll keep you posted. If anyone else has experience with the, please share. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts