Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 EX-p and am tired of the rear bouncing all the time. The car only has 36k miles and its crazy. Anyone have a solution?? Any better struts out? Anything? Thanks I really like this car but cant stand riding in the back

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I think that the geometry of the Element itself, makes it prone to 'butt bounce' which is even more pronounced when it's lowered. The Rear Lower Control Arms seem stabilize a lot of that, thus reducing the 'butt bounce' effect and giving it better rear end control.

Chief

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i just read about them. They stated the same geometry as stock and allowed for different mounting positions for the swaybar. Are the SC shocks an option for an EX element? I'm thinking some stiff shocks in the back would help alot. I had this problem with my 2002 civic si I replaced the entire suspension and it seemed like the rear coilovers made the biggest difference.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
You are probably 100% correct, because in addition to my rear Skunk2 Lower Control Arms, I also have the Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Anti-Sway Bars!!!!

Chief

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have an SC and it does pretty much the same thing. I don't think adapting SC components will help anything.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The short wheel base is the same whether you have a DX, an LX, an EX, or an SC! So if you go with the Lower Control Arms, it will make a difference!

Chief
i completely agree. this is what i have been trying to tell everyone in the lca threads. i am just waiting on someone with a stock element to give me some good feedback.

p.s. chief, contact me when u would like the rear suspension. i have them waiting for you in my garage.

·
Registered
562 Posts
sc shocks will fit in the rear, not the front. Don't think they would do anything to help you. It seems that it is just a heavy spring. Mine bounces all over the place. There are the kyb gr2 struts. or you could install the koni's from a rsx in the rear. or kyb agx, both would allow you to dial in your dampening to help control the bounce. but if the lca's are the wonder cure everyone keeps saying then they are the cheaper way to go. I would be interested in feedback from a stock element with the lca's if they do calm the bouncing down.

·
Registered
562 Posts
99.9% positive. As soon as me and my buddies schedules match up I can let you know. the struts are laying on my shop floor with some eibach springs. I will match them up to stock springs first just to check. He has all the tools for the install so waiting on him to have time. The koni rears have an adjustable spring perch so you should be able to match them up that way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so that means that the 2002 -2005 Civic si struts will fit also. They are the same as the RSX just valved a little different

·
Registered
562 Posts
from what I understand you are correct. I did check with koni and asked if the rsx shocks would need revalved with the 700 extra lbs of the element and an applications guy said he couldn't state it for fact for law suit purposes, but off the record the rsx strut is way over designed and would be fine with and said 700 lbs more would be nothing. So far all I have done is set the spring on the koni perch and it fits. so its hopeful but won't commit to anything until I get the time to put them on and see how things fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts