Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to raise my element for driving in deep snow. I will be installing 225-75R-16 tires. I plan on installing a 2 inch lift kit (2 inch on front and 1 inch on rear). Has anyone had issues with torn cv boots after installation of this size lift kit? I am considering aluminum lift spacers. Is there an opinion out there that steel is better or worst? With the 2" up front and 1" in rear will I need the adjustable camber bolts and or adjustable upper rear control arms? Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am looking to raise my element for driving in deep snow. I will be installing 225-75R-16 tires. I plan on installing a 2 inch lift kit (2 inch on front and 1 inch on rear). Has anyone had issues with torn cv boots after installation of this size lift kit? I am considering aluminum lift spacers. Is there an opinion out there that steel is better or worst? With the 2" up front and 1" in rear will I need the adjustable camber bolts and or adjustable upper rear control arms? Thanks in advance for your response.
Hey bud, I found some info recently that might be of help. I have ordered a 2inch kit from these people but have not received nor tried them so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.hondarescue.com/product-page/copy-of-honda-element-2-50mm-lift-kit

The guy that runs the company has a YT channel and afaik is the only video (recently anyways) about the CV boot issues and remedy for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the 2in(front and rear) with the camberkit from HRG and install it back in March. I would recommend getting the camberkit as lifting it will throw off your alignment. I dont have a good enough before and after picture, but here is how it sit just after 2 months of ownership.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts