Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to transplant my 2003 Honda element ex with a 2007 element sc. I know this is probably one of the most frequently asked questions on the forum, and yes I have searched all up and down it for some of the answers I'm looking for and I keep hearing what everybody says, "It costs too much". Heres the catch on my part, I found a 2007 element sc that was totaled from extensive body damage and got a great deal on most of the stuff I wanted from it.
I got a good bit of the parts like the engine (intake and throttle body other accessories), transmission, rear diff, and ecu. Im mechanically inclined and have done a lot of swaps with euro cars and not much jdm.

I didn't get ahold of the wiring harness from the donor, is there going to be any issues transplanting the k24a8 into a car that had a k24a4. Will I have any troubles with the switch to the electronic throttle body that the k24a8 has? Will the old harness work with this newer version of the k24?

And my current element is an 4 spd automatic awd, I know I need all the shifter assembly, pedal assembly and other little bits to the make it work i have those. My question is there going to be any is issues wiring related to make sure everything functions properly?

Id really appreciate good insight on this, not worried about the cost going into this swap just making sure I source all the correct parts for this build to go properly

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did your swap turn out? I want to swap out the engine the k24a4 engine from my 2005 Element with one from JDM imports.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want to transplant my 2003 Honda element ex with a 2007 element sc. I know this is probably one of the most frequently asked questions on the forum, and yes I have searched all up and down it for some of the answers I'm looking for and I keep hearing what everybody says, "It costs too much". Heres the catch on my part, I found a 2007 element sc that was totaled from extensive body damage and got a great deal on most of the stuff I wanted from it.
I got a good bit of the parts like the engine (intake and throttle body other accessories), transmission, rear diff, and ecu. Im mechanically inclined and have done a lot of swaps with euro cars and not much jdm.

I didn't get ahold of the wiring harness from the donor, is there going to be any issues transplanting the k24a8 into a car that had a k24a4. Will I have any troubles with the switch to the electronic throttle body that the k24a8 has? Will the old harness work with this newer version of the k24?

And my current element is an 4 spd automatic awd, I know I need all the shifter assembly, pedal assembly and other little bits to the make it work i have those. My question is there going to be any is issues wiring related to make sure everything functions properly?

Id really appreciate good insight on this, not worried about the cost going into this swap just making sure I source all the correct parts for this build to go properly
How did it go?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
How did it go?
Since he made a point of mentioning that he didn't get the wiring harness to connect all those bits together, I'm wondering if he's still trying to come up with one or if he's been throwing bits of the old harness on an altar and praying for a miracle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts