Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have over read lots of threads on here about this swap, but cannot find a concrete answer if I need to swap to the M/T ecu when I do the swap. I know that it is supposed to throw codes, but would this make the vsa or any of the like act up? I was guessing that it might... Now, this is not the thread for go buy a sports car, this is a real question. WHAT DO I NEED TO COMPLETE THE M/T SWAP ON AN A/T ELEMENT? I already have the following ready for install.

Base RSX 5sp tranny(maybe 6sp conversion)
All shift linkage, mc's, sc's etc for the MT
shifter(Buddy Club)
Clutch pedal assy.
Comp Clutch Stage 4 clutch and flywheel

I want to try and make this as simple as possible for my mechanic... Again i know the cost issue(labor is comming very reasonable:D)... we need not go down that route.. Im neck deep now there is no stopping...:cool: I hope to have this done very soon so yall help me make this happen...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i thought the rsx trans had different mounting points to the frame than the element, atleast thats what i was told. Youll also need the shifter surround. Thats all i can add. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
As far as the ECU, have you considered the K-Pro since your turbo'd? I know on the Accords (3 of them) that I have converted, I swapped over the brake pedal assembly also. Manual brake pedal is smaller. Yes, you can cut down the auto pedal in some situations, but why be ghetto when doing something like this. Also, trans mounted are usually different between auto and manual and sometimes the mount that is welded onto the car may have to be replaced or redrilled. The Accords also used a fluid damper in the clutch line, it's not necessary, but you may have to modify the clutch hard line to make it work without it...this is assuming the e uses the same type of set-up. I have never looked. Your best bet is to find a wrecked manual trans E in a yard so you can get everything you need and have something for reference. Have fun.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No k pro on the 07-08... nothing other than the fic.. I would have to swap the harness and the dash cluster and all of the wiring from an 06 or lower.. And can someone please confirm that the case on the base rsx tranny has different mounting points? I bought all of the needed parts(the entire mt parts schematic)from hondaautomotiveparts.com and it was barely 500... this means i would have all of the hard lines and everything... on this new of a car im not gonna use a bunch of old(er) parts and possibly(not always) affect the reliability of the car... I got the base rsx tranny for the gearing and could source a 5mt casing from the element if the base does not mount right, as i may do the 6mt conversion in the process and open the case anyways. Just trying to get all of my ducks in a row. Thanks guys, without this site I wouldnt have dreamed any of this possible.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
No k pro on the 07-08... nothing other than the fic.. I would have to swap the harness and the dash cluster and all of the wiring from an 06 or lower.. And can someone please confirm that the case on the base rsx tranny has different mounting points? I bought all of the needed parts(the entire mt parts schematic)from hondaautomotiveparts.com and it was barely 500... this means i would have all of the hard lines and everything... on this new of a car im not gonna use a bunch of old(er) parts and possibly(not always) affect the reliability of the car... I got the base rsx tranny for the gearing and could source a 5mt casing from the element if the base does not mount right, as i may do the 6mt conversion in the process and open the case anyways. Just trying to get all of my ducks in a row. Thanks guys, without this site I wouldnt have dreamed any of this possible.
DOH!! I didn't pay attention to the 2008 part :oops: As far as the tranny casing goes, I think a side by side comparison would be in your own best interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts