Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that the seat bottoms on a 2003 (EX, manual) are identical enough to swap them? (not the whole seat or the seat backs, just the bottoms)
My drivers side is really worn, like so many others, and I was thinking that it looks identical to the passenger side...if I swapped them then the worn area would be on the 'non-egress' side of the passenger side and the wear wouldn't be so annoying to the occasional passenger and I'd have an 'almost new' seat bottom....

Any ideas?

· Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
2,037 Posts
Yes, I think it is possible to do and has been discussed here. (However I am relying on my aging memory! LOL)

Spend some time on a search and I think you will find more info. Hope this helps! :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Do you think that the seat bottoms on a 2003 (EX, manual) are identical enough to swap them? (not the whole seat or the seat backs, just the bottoms)
My drivers side is really worn, like so many others, and I was thinking that it looks identical to the passenger side...if I swapped them then the worn area would be on the 'non-egress' side of the passenger side and the wear wouldn't be so annoying to the occasional passenger and I'd have an 'almost new' seat bottom....

Any ideas?
This is a good question because I too wondered if that front seat could be traded out. The wear along that seam is so consistent..

· Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
2,037 Posts
Here's one old thread on the subject:

Again keep searching. As best as I remember, there's more recent info.

· Registered
2,616 Posts
If I remember correctly the two seat bottoms might be different part numbers but a reupholster shop could use the fabric from a passenger side to replace the worn fabric on a drivers seat

· Registered
544 Posts
Yes you can swap the passenger bottom seat cushion onto the drivers seat pan. You do have to cut some plastic on the side of the seat cushions where the tabs lock into the seat pan. It took me about 10-15 mins to get the plastic hooks trimmed and the seat cushion swapped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts