Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do u think about it...does it really reduce body roll...cause i have the high way in new york call the bronx river road...n its got a lot of nice course n s shapes in it n i wanna be able to drive fast through it...is it as big of a difference as lowering the car from stock suspension to like tein springs ?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
what do u think about it...does it really reduce body roll...cause i have the high way in new york call the bronx river road...n its got a lot of nice course n s shapes in it n i wanna be able to drive fast through it...is it as big of a difference as lowering the car from stock suspension to like tein springs ?
It only works if your car is lowered. We're mostly on Tein coilovers...those with the sway bars.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
it works regardless of the height of your vehicle.
but it does work BETTER as the vehicle is lowered.

also, changing the rear and not the front, or vice versa, changes over/under steering characteristics of the vehicle. stiffer in rear increases oversteer or reduces understeer. stiffer in front does opposite. it's all about balance. most FWD vehicles come w/ a strong understeer tendency from the factory, so using a stiffer rear bar will move the characteristics closer to neutral. however, most drivers are more comfortable w/ lots of understeer, since that is what they've been given for years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts