Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 keyless remotes from a 1999 CRV which I never used because we had a Clifford Alarm system in the vehicle. I recently purchased a 2004 Element. Is there a way to program the CRV remotes to work in the Element? They look identicle except for an extra "rear hatch" button. I would appreciate any help you guys could offer.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I have 2 keyless remotes from a 1999 CRV which I never used because we had a Clifford Alarm system in the vehicle. I recently purchased a 2004 Element. Is there a way to program the CRV remotes to work in the Element? They look identicle except for an extra "rear hatch" button. I would appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Try to reprogram the Element for them. Instructions are on this site.

Not positive if it's possible or not. I think you can only program 3 remotes at one time though.

Dom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Dom. I looked through the posts where it explains how to program and you have to de-program all the remotes to program any new ones. I don't really want to fool with it if I'm not sure the CRV one will work on the element.

BTW I have 2 working remotes already and don't want to mess them up.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Well

One is 313 the other 309. No dice I guess but at least I know it won't work so now I can pass the remotes on to a CRV owner who can use them or maybe sell them to the dealer I bought the car from. I owe him $50 so maybe he'll take them in lieu of payment. All I really need is a third key for my son and I'll be happy.

In any case, I greatly appreciate your help. You saved me alot of time and aggravation.

·
12,180 Posts
If you wan't to sell the remotes you can always pop over to

www.crvownersclub.com and sell them there.

You will have to meet tha manditory minimum 5 post count before you can post them in the trading post like you do here. But there is always members looking for remotes. If you do put them up please be sure to post the id numbers and part number off the back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Just joined the CRV club and posted welcoming a newbie so I only have 4 to go. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts