Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
nice find hapyface.

while i agree it's a little pricey, it's more versatile than a dedicated camper, with the utility trailer hauling options.

and at 840 lbs, i might have to seriously consider this as a great addon for my E.

·
Registered
777 Posts
That's a great trailer very versatile. Also if I'm not mistaken a member on here was looking to sell his. Elemen o p, if I'm not mistaken...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Aside from being rather spendy it takes a rather long time to set it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNaRNU3lt0\\

I will admit it is incredibly well designed but it is also incredibly complicated.
yeah... if you watch that guy, he does a lot of travelling to and from the storage box after each step...

i've read a few folks have said it takes less than 20 minutes to setup.

i've checked a few other options out too, but they aren't nearly as impressive.

the treehaus little giant looked promising (pricewise) until i saw the weight/weight limit. oh, and it's not waterproof.

there's only one dealer here in MN. and i think i'm gonna go take a closer look. it is intriguing.

Although the price is steep, i like it's multi-functionality. i'd rather have that sitting in my garage/driveway with the option to use it for all sorts of functions rather than have a pop-up camper (which is considerably more in price for new) that only serves one function.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a dealer in eastern MI that is able to match the manufacturer's price plus a few bonus items....... i'm split....ecamper or sylvan go camper

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
i'm split....ecamper or sylvan go camper
it depends on what you do when you camp. If you setup camp and intend to stay there then the Ecamper would work. If you plan to setup and then go somewhere (shopping, fishing or just touring) in your Element then the SylvaGo would be the ticket.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it depends on what you do when you camp. If you setup camp and intend to stay there then the Ecamper would work. If you plan to setup and then go somewhere (shopping, fishing or just touring) in your Element then the SylvaGo would be the ticket.
my deciding factor is the age and condition of vehicle. if its new - Ecamper no problems.... but with it being several years old, and in rust belt (Canada)......

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hearing you guys talk about that thing, I'm wondering if you'd rather have some kind of pop-up powered by a blank 12 gauge shell. You just stand back, pull the cord, and... BANG! WHOOOMP! and the set up camper falls back down, ready for the night.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hearing you guys talk about that thing, I'm wondering if you'd rather have some kind of pop-up powered by a blank 12 gauge shell. You just stand back, pull the cord, and... BANG! WHOOOMP! and the set up camper falls back down, ready for the night.
got a link?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
got a link?
Darn! There used to be one on Youtube but it's been replaced by a bunch of people blowing off old air bags.

I always wondered if it folded back up the same way. I bet that Go trailer thing takes longer to pack up than it does to set up.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
We own a Sylvansport GO camper and love it. Ignoring all distractions during setup (inquisitive campers, chugging the road soda, digging into food stuffs early)... it can be done in less than 10 minutes. We've had ours for just over 5 years now and truly do enjoy it. If you have any questions regarding the trailer, just ask. I'll do my best to answer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for letting us know!

I have a few questions for you:

1. how's the waterproofing?

2. have you considered any mods (solar power for inside the tent) yet?

3. have you used it for more than just camping? if so, how did it perform?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Thanks for letting us know!

I have a few questions for you:

1. how's the waterproofing?

2. have you considered any mods (solar power for inside the tent) yet?

3. have you used it for more than just camping? if so, how did it perform?
1. Waterproofing is fantastic! The first time we used it, it rained on us for 3 days straight. Not a drop got in. And condensation is nonexistent thanks to the venting under the hard top where the Kelty tent attaches, as well as the vents beneath the sleeping platforms. Plenty of light when it's all sealed up too. There're 4 skylights, each side window, and the door, have a transparent weather barrier... and all with privacy barriers.

Here it is participating in that tent city in Klamath. Our E is to the right with the 20's. You can feel the weight, but it tows great!

2. I have considered it, and it would be very easy to do, we just haven't done it. There's a depression under the roof rack, that I think is a perfect location to semi-permanently attach panels.

3. Other than our camping gear, it hasn't been used to haul loads. Although, there are several pictures of people using it as a utility trailer. Carrying everything from furniture, yard waste, and even removing the hard tent portion, to carry a fridge!.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I am so split..........Ecamper vs Sylvan GO Camper :?:twisted::shock:
We went with the GO, because we're base campers, not overlanders. I don't want to break down camp every time we want to drive somewhere.

edit:
You also have to consider when that EOC Death Valley Chili Cookoff is going hit you. I could only imagine the struggle the Ecamper would be, when you've got something honking for the right of way at 3am!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts