Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to look at E's over at the local dealer, and saw two different E's with the same problem.

For some reason the Tailgate doesn't close positively... the top window kinda shuts without a tight feeling, or simply misses the gate latch entirely.

Not a really encouraging sign. Was wondering if that is indicative of most E's, or just the two I checked out !?!

I still like the E, just wondering is this is gonna be an issue... :?:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My Element's doors and hatches all close right smartly! You do have to make sure the bottom gate is closed before you close the top. I have had zero problems.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:10b3f10731="Doubro"]I recently went to look at E's over at the local dealer, and saw two different E's with the same problem.

For some reason the Tailgate doesn't close positively... the top window kinda shuts without a tight feeling, or simply misses the gate latch entirely.

Not a really encouraging sign. Was wondering if that is indicative of most E's, or just the two I checked out !?!

I still like the E, just wondering is this is gonna be an issue... :?:[/quote:10b3f10731]

Mine shuts nice and easy. Judging from the design of the latch mechanism, it looks like the dealer can fully adjust it. Therefore, if you get an E that has a non positive feel, wth the back hatch or tailgate, ask the dealer to adjust it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am amazed at how well my "E' closes up, hatch and doors. It's so fun to be able to close the hatch with a simple fling. No need to heave on it at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts