Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just notice last night my passenger tail light is out :evil: A guy was checking out my car and made a comment " i like it but ani't it a brand new car and your light is out" I was pissed, it only has 2,100 miles! Also the engine light came on for the 2nd time in less than 2 months of ownership.

The car has been in the dealership more than my garage.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:934a7245e2="Element"]I just notice last night my passenger tail light is out :evil: A guy was checking out my car and made a comment " i like it but ani't it a brand new car and your light is out" I was pissed, it only has 2,100 miles! Also the engine light came on for the 2nd time in less than 2 months of ownership.

The car has been in the dealership more than my garage.[/quote:934a7245e2]

This is really too bad. It is possible that the taillight just simply burned out or was jarred loose by a bump. Buy a new one at any auto store and pop it in. If that doesn't work, most likely a wire connection came loose (I would presume).

What other problems have you had?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer said the bulb was burnt out and they replaced it under warranty.

Other problems:

The engine light came on for the 2nd time within 2,100 miles.
The dealer had my car for 10 days to fix the window leak.
The back rear seat was tearing from the seams.

Dealer mishaps:

Gouges on my gauges and auto shift plate due to a install of my alarm and keyless entry.
A gouge on my bumper due to the dealer replacing the tail light bulb.
Gouges on my driver side window strip due to the replacement of the seals.

The dealer is great when they fix thing under warranty but their tech's gouge my car because it's not their's. That's what happened when you need things fixed, but gouging is always gonna happen :shock:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 1st engine light came on at 878 miles and their reason was it was normal so they just reset it by Honda codes.

The 2nd on came on at 2078 miles, they clean out an engine part < forgot what it was called > and just reset it again per Honda codes.

I hope this doesn't happen every 1,000 miles :? I am getting really tired of going to the dealership every week.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:7b002f24c5="Element"]The 1st engine light came on at 878 miles and their reason was it was normal so they just reset it by Honda codes.
[/quote:7b002f24c5]

It will be very important that you make sure that the owner of your dealership knows that this is just one big lie. It is not normal. Talk to the owner or manager of the dealership and firmly demand to see the paperwork that says this "is normal" for all Elements.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My passenger side turn signal light was burned out when I left the lot! I didn't notice it until after they closed but I was there the next day and they replaced it. They had to rob one from another Element on the lot to do it, though. They didn't have any yellow bulbs in stock. Took about 10 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts