Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to track down a strange creaking noise coming from the back of the interior, when I make a sharp right turn, specially turning right out of driveway or turning right over speed bump.
I just realize last night it was my top left hand side of lower tailgate interior trim panel is loose. Top left portion of lower tailgate trim panel would rattle front & back, when the gate is closed. Which make sense sine during hard right turn, specially right turn over bump, I suspect rear part of car would flex slightly, or heavy tailgate would be throw to the left side slightly, which create this creaking sound.
I will order couple door lining clips before I open it up.

Wondering anyone has this problem?

By the way, the top right side of trim panel is airtight, it won't move at all, & I recall both sides were airtight in the past.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had this in my 2006 Lx when it was NEW. The dealer removed the interior trim pieces and installed foam tape. A week later it came back. I actually found a old post on this site that said the pins that the gate rotates while moving up and down needed grease. I bought the white grease in a spray can and sprayed it in those places and worked it in. It has been over 3 years with popping sounds.

Maybe you will need to do this???? Good luck...I spent time taking my interior trim off as well to find this problem....Not the best fun....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this in my 2006 Lx when it was NEW. The dealer removed the interior trim pieces and installed foam tape. A week later it came back. I actually found a old post on this site that said the pins that the gate rotates while moving up and down needed grease. I bought the white grease in a spray can and sprayed it in those places and worked it in. It has been over 3 years with popping sounds.

Maybe you will need to do this???? Good luck...I spent time taking my interior trim off as well to find this problem....Not the best fun....
Thanks. I will give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts