Honda Element Owners Club banner

Do you have a problem with your tailgate hatch?

• I have a DX and a problem with the tailgate hatch

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

With several people having problems with their tailgate not closing right, I thought a quick poll was in order.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Several times I thought it was closed, got in and saw that damn light. I guess I have to use a little more ooomph than than expected.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The seals seem to have broken in so I don't have any more problems with the light coming on - but now I have problems with it squeaking like crazy unless I really slam it shut. This can't be good for it however.

->eMass

·
Registered
273 Posts
[quote:1f6f4f4fff="Cameraman"]Several times I thought it was closed, got in and saw that damn light. I guess I have to use a little more ooomph than than expected.[/quote:1f6f4f4fff]

ditto.... :shock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have an EX....no problems with the hatch. The day I picked up my Element I closed the hatch and the light stayed on. The dealer said that it was normal and showed me where to push on the hatch when closing, by putting your hand just below the H emblem. It worked like a charm, no slamming required.

Just a note to the moderators on the poll. Three questions is not enough for these types of polls where distingushing between DX and EX models would be useful. As the questions stand now, we can find out how many owners don't have problems, how many DX owners do, and how many EX owners do. What we don't know is the breakdown of EX/DX owners who respond that they don't have problems. This would only require one more choice and would allow us to determine the percentage of DX and EX owners with and without these types of issues. This way we could tell if a problem was specific to a model, and also identify if a problem that we were experiencing was common among other owners with the same model.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The culprit is the head rests. I take the head rests off the rear seats before raising them against the sides of the E. Otherwise they stick out so far that you can't close the rear deck lid without tweaking it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kizzz,

No problem, will see what we can do next time. When we did this poll way back when, people just wanted to know if the problems were split between a DX and an EX. Next time we will try to open it up just a bit more.

Polls can be started by anyone by the way. If you see a need to post one, go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts