Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comparatively it's a minor problem, I'd say it falls under the "issue" section.

When I drop the lower half of the tailgate it rubs on the bumper and is scraping the paint. I'm wondering what, if anything, I can do to separate the two. I pushed down on the bumper plastic and that doesn't have much play and the gate seems to be tight and the hinges aren't bent so I'm not really sure what to do. I just picked up my 07 last week and it doesn't look like the previous owner used it much which is good but I do use it quite a bit so I'd like to address the issue sooner than later.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had the exact same thing on mine when i got it. take the couple bolts that hold the panel on out and then there are a bunch of push in pin type things like that which hold the plastic cladding on the rest of the truck. a few of those are probably out of the actual tailgate skin and keeping it pushed out from the metal pat it clips to. that and possibly the plastic clips that hold the nuts the bolts thread into are cracked or broken. mine had one like that on the driver side. i fixed it with some abs plastic, superjet glue w activator and some of the plastic weld type epoxy for extra measure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, thanks I'll have to give it a try this weekend. I'll let you know how it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts