Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Element family. Recently purchased a used 07 SC and have the modification bug and am looking at installing a tailgate spoiler (http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html).

I was wondering if anyone out there in the Seattle-Tacoma area has installed the tailgate spoiler themselves and would be willing to help me with an install. I am not sure that I trust myself enough with drilling the required holes, and would prefer to work with someone who has actual experience. I am happy to pay for someone's time.

On another note, I am looking for a trustworthy dealership in the south puget sound area to service my baby, hopefully one that offer coupons, and a dealership that generally provides great service at a fair price. I tend to own my cars to at least 10 years and want to establish a long-term relationship. I would be interested in some feedback on dealer and non-dealer options. I purchased my "E" from Honda of Bellevue, but am not sure it is worth a 40 minute drive from my home on the West Hill of Auburn to stay current on service interval requirements.

Many thanks! - Eric

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I was told it comes with templates so you cant screw up, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
140 Posts
E's E... I have always taken my hondas to Import Auto Center on South Tacoma Way. They are factory trained and have taken care of me for years and are WAY cheaper than the dealer. I have sent all my friends there too. You will not be disappointed. Talk to Mark (the owner) and tell him Dan sent you.

Deffinately worth the drive.
(253)473-1111

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan,

I sincerely appreciate the recommendation. I will definitely give Mark a try with my first service. I am down in the Southend quite a bit since I am in the Army Reserve down at Fort Lewis, so the location works for me.

I also must comment for the group that I have had three warranty repairs done at Honda of Fife in the last two weeks and they have been tremendous to work with. High quality of work and very interested in customer satisfaction. I have been working with Aaron in their service department and he has been extremely responsive to all my inquiries. They even found things wrong that I hadn't noticed. - Eric

·
Registered
70 Posts
Plus 1 on Import Auto Center and South Tacoma Honda. Both places have always treated me well. They both do great work and take the time to do it right.
As for the spoiler. I saw a thread here somewhere where someone DIY'd it. Just took drilling 2 holes and bolting it on. This mod would actually be easier than the home depot grille and the side marker/turn signal mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts