Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are phone pictures so they're not the best quality. I took some pictures of my 2009 E before the lot filled up so I could get a good picture of Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis Colts) in the background. If anyone is ever looking for a tailgate party before a Colts game, let me know!

The console cooler (I think I had six 16-ounce beers and ice in there):

Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the view from my endzone seats. The roof and large window across from me were open.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Very cool. Beautiful stadium, looks kinda like an old coal breaker. Too bad they don't play real football there but they would need real grass for that.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Thanks for sharing Indy Element! That was last week at the Home Opener. Looks like you got a good spot. Isn't that the Hurst Bean lot? I've been wanting to come down to see a game on the Oil Field but tickets are hard to come by and my contact only lets me know at last minute when he has an open seat. None the less, I've always wanted to come check out the tailgating at the stadium and to see how the Blue Crew does it. I live just down the way from the Blue Crew Pub off of 96th street. Nothing like being with a group, play BB toss (of course my boards are deco Colts) and just having a good time with people who are fans.

I've been in Lucas a few times. I took the tour last year twice, I was there for the Gary Bracket Bleed Blue Blood Drive and maybe one other thing. Lucas is a great stadium where football is played and basketball as well. Kenny Chesney and Sugarland will be there this evening and I think I may attend the Circle City Classic on Oct. 3rd in the Luc.

Anyway, great shots! Heard only one kid fell down while dealing the flag and I heard the fly came a little early. They flew right over my house while streaking towards the stadium. Talk about an amazing site, and they came back and flew over the Geist area for about five minutes after their fly by, probably checking the women on the boats on Geist Resevoir (the Blue Angels aways spend time doing it whenever they're in town) which is the place to be.

Got to mention, great looking Element as well! Penske, Honda West, Rhorman or Ed Martin? I'm partial to Penske myself.
Anyway, take care and we'll have to Do the Blue one day.

Peace!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we tailgate in the Hurst Lot. It's hard to get much closer to the front door than that! The south endzone (the one facing the Bean Lot) is where I sit so I have it made. The Blue Crew are good folks. We tailgated with a group of them at Giants Stadium three years ago and had a great time.

Lucas Oil is definitely a cool stadium. Not as loud as the RCA Dome, but a lot better place for a game.

We bought the Element at Rohrman. We live on the southside so it's convenient for us. We also bought my wife's 2006 Accord there and we have a salesman we like dealing with. I traded in my 1999 Montero Sport for the Element through "Cash For Clunkers."

Good luck with the Colts tickets. Feel free to PM me here if you ever want to come by and tailgate. The beer's on me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts