Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a quick intro:

I've been eyeing the E for about a year now. I (unlike my wife) like the way it looks and REALLY like how utilitarian it is. I currently own an F150, but since we got rid of our camper I really don't need the towing capacity. I'm also tired of parking it in cramped lots and REALLY tired of getting 15 mpg.

Today I dragged my wife with me to the Honda dealership and the Toyota dealership (after taking her out to lunch :grin:). I wanted to compare the E to the CRV and the RAV4. I have to say, the RAV4 has a LOT going for it. But the two big negatives are BIG negatives--at least to me.

1: I like to fish, and when my fishing buddy and I get done at the end of the day, I like the idea of throwing our wading boots (and waders, when it's cold) in the back of the E and not worrying about how wet or muddy they are. I just can't see doing that in the RAV4 (too much carpet).

2: The RAV4 just looks so BORING.:sleep003:

So, here's a link to a locally available Element. I did a search on "2004" and didn't run across anything in that year that scared me. I'm thinking 4WD is a must given some of the roads we go on to get to our favorite fishing holes. I'll take comments about the miles on it, the price, the dealership, even the color (which, to be honest, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around).:twisted:

http://tinyurl.com/y86tg7k

Thanks for looking and thanks for the input.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giddy as a school girl

For the lurkers, here's an update:

I found the E online on Wed. On Thursday morning I went to take another look online and it was no longer listed. :x Just for giggles I went by the CarMax to see if they had anything on the lot that wasn't online and come to find out, the E I'd seen was still on the lot. It was on hold for a buyer. The salesman took me out and have a look and I have to say it's one VERY well cared for E.

I gave him my name and number and asked him to call me if the deal fell through. I got a call about 3 yesterday afternoon. I'll be there at 11 this morning and with any luck will be coming home in my new (to me) Element. :razz:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yeah the linky no worky.
So is it orange? your profile says Tangerine and the 04 orange was Sunset Orange Pearl.
The sexiest most fuel efficient with the most horsepower E they ever made;-)

Yesterday was there and it was a SOP. Maybe Freightdawg ran to buy it and might be posting pictures soon of the E in his driveway.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Linky no worky

Yeah, I know. When they "sold" it they took down the ad. About to get cleaned up then head to the lot.

And I'm guessing it would be Sunset Orange Pearl. The ad just said 'orange' and I'm afraid I'm not well versed in the actual color names. Thanks for the education. :)

Wish me luck.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So much for the luck

I am NOT the owner of a new (to me) E. The price is right for the E. The price was WAY wrong for my F150.

Oh, well. Thanks for looking.

Jeff

·
Registered
575 Posts
I also went from an F150 for the same reasons you mentioned above (well I had a Lincoln in the middle). I am happy with my decision as I love my E but sometimes miss the truck. Never miss parking the truck though:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Linky worky again

If anyone is interested, the link is working again.:lol: If anyone knows of anyone interested in buying a Ford F150 in the Louisville area, let me know. It's a red XLT Crew Cab 4X4 with the 5.4 V8.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If anyone is interested, the link is working again.:lol: If anyone knows of anyone interested in buying a Ford F150 in the Louisville area, let me know. It's a red XLT Crew Cab 4X4 with the 5.4 V8.
This has always worked for me http://www.craigslist.com.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts