Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been looking a the E for a while and was wondering how a 6'8" tall person would fare in the E.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm six foot with long legs and arms, I just fit. Headroom is not the problem legroom is. I can get comfortable, but if my legs were any longer I'd probably wouldn't. It would be nice if the seat had more fore and aft adjustment. I go to a dealership and try one on. I fiddled with the up/down, back/forth, seat tilt, and streering wheel tilt before I got comfortable. Good luck.

Jim R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i have a 36 inch end seam. wondering how long your legs really are to determine if it will be an issue or not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 6'4" friend who just fits in the front passenger seat, legs barely clearing the dash. He can't sit in back because his head hits the ceiling (4WD EX with moonroof). If leaning back, his head can slip into the moonroof recess!

From what I can see, a 6'2" REAR seat passenger is the maximum height for comfortable ride (I'm 6'). I'm not sure 6'8" would fit even in front. You should go sit in one. Everyone's torso & legs are differently proportioned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well what i need to know is how long your legs are because if mine are 36 and yours are 38 or 40 then i would understand why they dont fit. I am just hoping that your 6'4" friend has really long legs =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My husband is 6'4" with a 36" inseam. He too has a hard time with the front passenger seat, barely enough room for his long legs. He fits great in the back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have a tall husband and the E has the most headroom and shoulder room of any vehicle in my price range. It even has more headroom than his supersized pick-up. However, his knees just come very close to touching the glovebox area when he sits on the passenger side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK, I had to chip in here.

My hubby is 6'3 and also has a 36 inch inseam. He liked the fit behind the drivers seat and the passengers seat, as well as the back seat. As a matter-of-fact, he jokingly suggested trading in his Avalanche for TWO Elements! I looked at him (not so amused) and said NO! One is enough, and besides, he really truly loves his Av! :wink:

But, talltom, I'd say take your booty to your nearest Honda dealership and jump in one of them! You dont know 'till you try!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam and I fit pretty well in my EX. I was going to buy a Pilot because it had so much room, but the E is very comfortable for me! You should probably have enough head room as well, but like the others said, go sit in one and find out. The S2000 is out of the question though! 8)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well I am 8 feet, 1 inch with 76 inch inseam.

What is this - a circus forum? I know there's some big damn people driving E's :lol:

Why don't we just change the name of the Blue color to Blue Ox and remove the front seats in the Blue Ox version. You guys can just drive from the back..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just kidding. However - I'm 6' with a 36 inch inseam. I could use about 2 more inches of leg room, but can manage ok with leg cramps - I get those in many other cars. The head room is wonderful though, and my 6'3" hubby, with short legs and extra tall bod - well the Element is the first SUV he can sit in without leaning all the way back!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also 6-foot 8-inches tall (that's 2.04m), I live in Dallas - They grow 'em big down here.

I did get to test drive an Element, a week ago when some storm hit us.

I bought one. I will find myself a green 4WD-EX in late April.

On the height, I have to say that you should have 4 to 6 inches of headroom -- I was suprised myself.

My Wife's 1998 CRV always impressed me -- it had some clearance, but the Element has a bit more.

Give it a shot, I think you will be practical and happy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
SpaceE, Simon, Sunstoke.....you do NOT know how hard I was laughing!!!!

Too hillarious!!

I'm 5'1....so, c'mon, where's some love for the shortys?? :wink: We happen to seriously LOVE the wee little far eastern peoples designs. *lol*

Angie :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK....the only thing I can come back with is a poem my Mother always used to say when I brought home my hubby (then boyfriend) who is 6'3 for the first time.

"When your nose to nose, your toes is in it. When your toes to toes, your nose is in it."

*lol* Sorry, had to share!! And, face it you DO love us!! :p

Angie :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
As a matter of fact all of my children were short people at one time. According to my Mother - I never was (hee hee)

It's just so easy to get excited about a vehicle like the Element that fits us both. So many times I've gotten into a car only to look back at the salesman and say "No, won't work!"

My short friends like it because from the backseats they can see out very clearly (and over our heads) :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'm 6'5 (36 inch inseam), and i fit in my element. i wouldn't say i fit great, as my right knee ocasionally hits the dash, but overall it's nice.
I just got back from my first element road trip (700 miles to new orleans). it was comfortable to drive long distance, and when my friend took over, i got in the back and streched waaaaaaaaayyyyyy out. i couldn't recline the seats due to luggage, but my legs went diagonally across the back area and it was incredibly comfortable! i love it!
but don't bother sitting in the passenger seat, it's not so comfortable...

·
Registered
43 Posts
My husband is 6'2" (34" inseam) and I am 5'4" and he doesn't have to move the seat back when he drives my Element. He did say though that his knees are close to the glovebox, but he doesn't feel cramped. He said he has alot more room than he did in my nissan pathfinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
leg room will diffinetly be a prob. i am only 5"9 and i drive with the seat slide all the way back. which works great for me but not for the 6"8 people out there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts