Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Tampa area Elements out there?

I see a lot of E's around town. There are two others besides mine in our parking garage at work (but I have the only SC:cool:). And the mountain bike club I belong to has at least one that I have seen. None in my neighborhood except for the lady that visits my next door neighbor. When I see one on the road, I try to check if it has an EOC sticker, but so far no luck. Let me know if you are out there......

Jim

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have one and drive to South Tampa everyday to work. I live in Land O Lakes (Pasco County). I see a lot on the roads and wave all the time. I saw one today on the way home with a EOC Decal on back lower corner. It was a black Element with a lot of chrome accent around doors and windows. Give a wave back next time. Mine is easy to spot - Silver with a roof basket on top.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My work is on the cusp of South Tampa (Kennedy and Dale Mabry), so I head south from C'Wood in the morning to get there. I don't envy your ride from L-O-L though...

I frequently see a guy in the morning with a RBM SC going the other way on Hillsborough Ave. He never looks though....

I'll wave at you if I see you....

Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mountain biker?

BTW SunnyElement,

I saw you on another thread ('What kind of bike do you ride?') and see you are a mountain biker. I belong to the Swamp Club here in Tampa. Do you ride with them?

Jim

·
Registered
172 Posts
BTW SunnyElement,

I saw you on another thread ('What kind of bike do you ride?') and see you are a mountain biker. I belong to the Swamp Club here in Tampa. Do you ride with them?

Jim
Hey Jim,
Sorry for delay in getting back....yeah I been riding the mountain bike lately at Flatwoods. I am not a real serious rider, just like to get a few small jumps and kick up some dirt. I used to road bike a lot, but haven't been on for a few months. My ride buddy at work moved on to another job. As I said, I'm not real serious rider - just a 43 year old having some fun with my kids. I thought about joining the Swamp Club, but my weekends usually get busy around travel soccer with my two kids. Anyway - hope to see you around.

Doug

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug,

I try to get out the Flatwoods/Morris Bridge/Trout Creek a couple of times a week after work. Usually Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. Let me know if you are interested, as we have a good bunch of people that usually show up for these afternoon/evening rides. See you around.

Jim

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kinda wish I lived in Tampa. The element board up here is a ghost town. Just look at the last time someone posted on our Atlanta site.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a bummer. But I do really like your GGM SC!

Jim

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doug,

I try to get out the Flatwoods/Morris Bridge/Trout Creek a couple of times a week after work. Usually Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. Let me know if you are interested, as we have a good bunch of people that usually show up for these afternoon/evening rides. See you around.

Jim
Jim - you SWAMP?

you can find my E at Alafia every Sunday, and often find me struggling on Moonscape or Gatorback.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yep, Swamper...

I saw your black SC last time I was at Alafia (2 Sundays ago). Looking good. You were on the side sorta close to the bike wash area... There were probably 5 or 6 Elements in the parking lot that day (but only 2 SC's ;-) ). I parked right behind an old guy in an LX (all the way on the other side of the parking lot from you).

Was hotter 'n hell that day. We had maybe 10 people in our group to start, and after 10 miles there were 4 of us left...

·
Registered
75 Posts
yea man. the heat is something else and the rain is going to make everything grow like crazy. I adopt-a-trail 'ed North Creek and need to get in there with a weedwacker.

If you catch me up there give a shout and we'll ride. I'm on a Army green Stumpy 29'r with a camo helmet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just throwing it out there - if all are Tampa Bay Ray's Fans, we could do a mini-meet and have Ray's Watch Party at a local watering hole....?

·
Banned
43 Posts
Temple Terrace here; the wife commutes to Ybor every day in our E. There's a white monkey sticker above the 'real time awd' decal on hers, and it's a charcoal gray 2008 EX.

However, it'll be on the Blue Ridge/Skyline Drive all of the next two weeks.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the owners club, hello everyone. My wife and I are a family of Honda's; she drives the Pilot, I drive the 08' Element SC.

Commute from Riverview to North Dale Mabyr & Linebaugh for work everyday. Someone posted that they work on Dale Mabry and Kennedy; pass right by it everyday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Someone posted that they work on Dale Mabry and Kennedy; pass right by it everyday.
That would be me. Welcome to the Club!
I usually take Armenia Ave to work (from Carrollwood area) and go home via Dale Mabry. Swamp Club sticker on rear window (and a small one that says "Screw Aerodynamics").

Give a wave if you see me...

Jim

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Jim-
I work right down the road, Dale Mabry and Henderson (right behind GrillSmith). I will keep an eye out for your E.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in trinity and I travel mainly in pinellas and pasco countys.

You cant miss me, i have two hellokitty stickers and a I <3 my honda sticker.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts