Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks - my first issue as I've just joined the club.
I have an '09 AWD (no sunroof unfortunately) but a fabulous vehicle. I use it on weekends for my furnace replacement business - part time - and as the family hack during the week. My kids love it - 19 year old daughter besotted with it. Only one issue - it takes forever to get the last 10 litres (2.5 gallons) into the tank!
The dealer suggests
1. I am overfilling it
2. The pump I use is faulty - right - I use the same pump in the same station for 18000 kilometers!
Any ideas or are they "all like that"
Thanks
Fanman

·
Registered
21 Posts
yep, it has been overfilled. The evaporative filter is probably saturated; may need a new one or may clear itself.

NEVER TOP OFF (fill past click off). Set the auto fill on middle notch and let the pump do its thing. Sometimes the slow notch can overfill. When the middle notch clicks off, you can manually try to pump some more as a double check to see if the pump did not click off too soon, but this should ONLY take just a squirt and confirms full tank. Do NOT try to put in more. EVER.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Also remember that if you fill when the light comes on ('empty'), it probably will only take 12 gallons. I'm not sure what that is in liters. The most I've put in, during my travels in Canada, is 44L, but that wasn't at empty.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
All fuel tanks have a place for fuel expansion and when you slowly top it off you are filling that up and like others said could possible do some evap damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts