Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that almost all of the best goodies for the 'E' are coming from the big red bullseye. I figured that a thread listing all of the items (i.e., mattresses, inverters, etc.) would be rather helpful for those of us making an 'E' shopping list.
What does everyone think?...is this a good idea?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Most of my crap has come from Big Lots, Factory 2 U or the ever faithfull 99 Cent store.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think the only things I bought at Target were a lei for around my rearview, a bucket to wash my E, and some Zymol.

I bought most of my stuff off the web and a few things at Wally World.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is rather disappointing. I know that I have read in numerous other threads that most of the better gear is from Target. I can't imagine why no-one is writing them in here. Maybe it is just taking a bit to catch on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry - haven't been to Target yet, but I went to Academy. Bought a plastic storage bin for the cargo area, and some adjustable bungee cords to keep it in place.

If it makes you feel better, you can probably find those exact same items at Target. :wink:

jr

·
Registered
87 Posts
I believe more people have mentioned Walmart, rather than Target. I know at Walmart you can pick up the little round convex mirrors, round reflectors for faux fog lights, a nice grey carpet that fits in the back nicely, a chrome exhaust tip, shelf liners for trays, back seat trash holder, and a nice netted cargo tray. I also picked up some stainless steel shower curtain holders to be used as clothes hangers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'll just give up on this. Since first joining the club, I read numerous threads mentioning Target again and again. I guess those people just don't care to mention anything elsewhere.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A bunch of us got center armrest/cooler/does a lot of stuff from Target. I can't remember it's name, but we use it on trips and it works very well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I unfortunately don't have a target near me. I got some stuff from walmart like the carpet for the cargo area and the exhaust tip but maybe people just don't have one that close. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just checked out Target and Wal*Mart tonight. I couldn't find anything at Wal*Mart. Everything was so disorganized. Unfortunately, Target was low on stock, so I came out empty handed. I will keep my eyes open though.

Anyone know where else I can find a bungee cargo net for the back of my 'E'?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just in case anyone is looking for one, Bed, Bath and Beyond carries a fold flat soft storage bin similar to the honda version for about $20. (I know, Target inquiry, blah blah :wink: ) This thread made me remember I had seen it a couple weeks ago and I never posted anything about it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got my cooler/console, garbage bag, and wideangle sideview mirror. The mirror had the best optical quality of any I've seen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Target purchases:

1. Axius sun screen shields (collapsible and accordian style)
2. Two litter bags
3. License plate frame
4. Thin CD holder (16 CDs)
5. Small clipboard/item holder (made for a car)
6. Hanging air freshener in the shape of a sun
7. Some car cleaning materials

The first 3 products are all in the red Hawaiian theme - which goes well with my SOP.

I find Target to have most of what I need, although I do stop in Kragen's if I'm nearby.

·
Registered
51 Posts
8)
I know that this is a bit off topic, however after the latest post, I wanted to warn, again, about the air freshener. IT TAKES THE PAINT OFF INTERIOR! :twisted: I had a previous post about one touching the area around the gear shift and taking the paint completely off...so I wanted to warn, again. Please carefully place your sun air freshener....and good luck. :wink:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I vote for Wal-Mart.

Target is oriented toward kids.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the air freshener tip. Mine hangs from my rear view mirror so doesn't touch anything.

Another thing I got from Target: my small round spot mirrors for my side view mirrors. Forgot about those until I saw another post about mirrors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Target does have a pretty extensive automotive section now. I was surprised recently when I stumbled accross it. Got a window shade and all of my cleaning products. Have a bunch of interior accessories etc. that would go great in an E.

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:489f50cd70="Einstein"]I vote for Wal-Mart.

Target is oriented toward kids.[/quote:489f50cd70]

So do I. We don't have a Target, and Wal-Mart is everywhere.

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:11c0b1917e="McPues"]I just checked out Target and Wal*Mart tonight. I couldn't find anything at Wal*Mart. Everything was so disorganized. Unfortunately, Target was low on stock, so I came out empty handed. I will keep my eyes open though.

Anyone know where else I can find a bungee cargo net for the back of my 'E'?[/quote:11c0b1917e]

Wal Mart has it...

As for all the other stuff I've seen mentioned, Wal Mart has those too, even the same brand.

Im sure stores different from place to place too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts