Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carried this mod over from doing it to all 3 previous accords with great results. Has anyone on this forum also done the mod to their E? I want a comparison of gas mileage results as my 03 awd E is getting 300+ with the A/C on and almost all city driving. IF there is already a DIY on this topic, I did try to search first . ;-)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I bypassed mine when I installed my new turbo. I needed an easy coolant source. I have no idea if it made any difference. I just figured if I'm cooling my air down in the intercooler.... why the hell would I want to heat it up again at the throttle?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone have any pics or can do me a huge favor and take pics, I'm 99% positive I have an idea of what hoses need to go where.
The only thing that trips me up is there are 3 lines that go to my TB. One on the left (or top if you will) and 2 on the right (bottom). I'm almost sure it's the bottom 2 I'm interested in.
Correct my process if I'm wrong.
Disconnect long hose from TB.
Disconnect short hose from hard line running by the block.
Plug in long hose to hard line where short line used to be.
Plug in short line to where long line used to be on TB (to close off connections on TB for protection, hose basically non functional).

·
Registered
523 Posts
Since this was the first time I have heard of this, I went googling. If you want proof it does very little, read this http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=15276&st=40

Why would anyone think this would make a difference? SO much air passing through such a small space is not going to heat up enough to make a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts