Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen one/used one/own one? I see on their website one of the buyers towed it away with an Element.

http://www.tealinternational.com/TailFeather/index.html

I am intrigued by them. They are certainly affordable (about $10,000 for their top-of-the-line model not including utility trailer) but still seems like a lot for something so simple. I suppose if they started selling in volume that the price would come down somewhat though. Very clever idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are the owners of that E and the camper. We love it and have taken it all over the country in the year that we've had it. We put it on an aluminium utility trailer so total weight we tow is less than 1000 lbs. Its been one of the best purchases we've ever made including buying our E.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are the owners of that E and the camper. We love it and have taken it all over the country in the year that we've had it. We put it on an aluminium utility trailer so total weight we tow is less than 1000 lbs. Its been one of the best purchases we've ever made including buying our E.
Thanks for the feedback. Surprised at the lack of interest in this thread but glad to hear from an actual owner!

·
Registered
150 Posts
wow

very cool!! not sure why not more interest…except for the bit that this forum is way less active since they stopped making the Element:|

maybe it will pick back up since they are very desirable.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
As a new Second Owner, I think we are having a little bit of a revival. I'm trying to upload the lost photos of the original "must do" mods as I cycle through them myself.

Sub 1000lbs is amazing, and as an industrial designer, I love the modularity.

I'm hoping to build a retro canned ham style trailer that stays below 1500 lbs to entice the retro fanatics out there. The goal is to have something that can be pulled up a hill by a VW bus in 2nd gear =P Brakes will be included despite the light weight because of the intended tow vehicles.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
how well insulated is that thing? seems like it would get pretty hot in the summer and cold in the winter

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
it looks roto-molded. Same as your 44 quart igloo cooler.(except that perhaps the inside is sonic welded into place and thinner.

How cold does your igloo keep your brews? (vs ice in a bucket) I'm sure its fine.

air has a pretty good R value just so long as it doesn't flow anywhere (double paned windows)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh i see it now... for a minute it just looked like a thin fiberglass. pictures were acting up on my work comp. that's very intersting, especially for being so light

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am fascinated with the idea of a little camper made out of a modern lightweight material, so thank you for posting. I'll be checking back, and looking at the links to the website.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow just spotted this thread and it looks like the manufacturer has pulled any product detail from their site.

"The Teal Panel System is a new concept in portable camping. It is a modular shelter designed to be quickly installed on a utility trailer or pickup bed, or as a stand alone unit and disassembled when not in use. It is very light weight, making it compatible with small cars and SUVs.

Our panel products are currently under private contract and not available to the public or for general distribution."

·
Registered
120 Posts
just checked the site. campers are not available.they are looking for people to do business with. there is a sign up form to be updated. too bad, very cool idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts