Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just order the 2003 Honda Element Technical Information Guide
CD-Rom from Helm. Hopefully I will get enough information on the wiring details to install an aftermarket security system with extra features.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was thinking about picking that up as well. Please post and let us know if you found anything good in there. I am hoping to have time to do some of the work myself on my E.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking to get a security system with remote start. A dealer mentioned something about using a spare Key (probably the valet key) to be able to use remote start. Know anything about this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If there is anything helpful on specs for buying and installing flood lights that would be great. I am not wanting to spend the outrageous price for the Element flood lights. If anyone has found or installed Aftermarket floods let me know.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where can I order the tech manual? I have a remote start/keyless entry/alarm on my old car that I would like to put on my E but they want 210.00 just to switch! :shock:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found out about the key thing. Most new cars have some device in the keys, so only the key with the right code will start the vehicle. If installing remote starter one of the keys must be connected to the ignition switch, probably by physically wrapping wiring around the metal part of the ignition and connecting to the key (wrapping also). This means key has to be in car at all times, hidden in the dash somewhere. Will use the valet key for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have one of those installed (car starters) make sure that the model you get doesn t cancel the built in ignition immobilizer .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pure crap, don't get. Limited information that one can get from the web site. Can't believe they actually sell this thing, for $50 none the less. I returned it the first day I got it, got the wiring guide book instead. Will see if that helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the 555U module, do I need to set up a ignition disable circuit or will the factory immobilizer work with the 555U. Not sure how Honda wired this thing up. Will hold out on the remote starter untill I get more information.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, I decided not to chance it and take it to the store to have mine installed. I asked the guy if he could wave the 50.00 fee they charge for keys with chips in them if he used my valet key, but he said the price is for the module and he needs the key anyway. Go figure! :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts