Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting some 19 with 55 series tires or 20's with 50 series tires but nice ones seem so hard to find in these sizes.. All the BIG 20's are too gawdy for me ( I know alot of you love that and that's OK just not my style ) I want some nice sporty\\racey 7 spokers in gun metal grey or black. I've seen them in 18's no problem.
Anywho.... if you have pics of your rides with big wheels would love to see them and would love to here any problems or gotcha's I should know about

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have spent countless days in search of the right combo for the E without rubbing or special mods. www.tires.com have some 19's that might float your boat. 19's are very limited and costly in both tires and wheels....18's make more sense money wize and natural look wise, BUT saying that, I am going to try and see if a 255/50/19 works on my E today....the other 255's I tried in 18 and 20 inch rubbed.......my guess is that 19's will to. So, it looks like a tall 18 is my next choice. As for 20's in 50 series.........I never found any. I did find 245/40/20 which is close to the stock size in the plus 4 mode....problem there again is the cost of the tires and wheels..plus not sure if the E looks just right in 20's that equal the height of the stock tire with little sidewall. Because the body of the E is so full, I think some amount of sidewall is good to balance the look. Good Luck
EE

·
Registered
16 Posts
19's are great but the tires are much more expensive. It seems that 20's are easier to find and the tires are cheaper to replace. take a look at TSW'S rims and Katana as well as ADR. They make very simple looking rims and tires. I agree with you that some of the rims you have looked at are too flashy. I prefer a clean 5 spoke or a clean 6 spoke.

EVan

·
Registered
22 Posts
TBE,
Thanks for responding seems like the boards have been slowing down as of late probably due to the nice weather. Anyhow, I have been looking at 18's more specifically have been eyeing the 5 spoke 5zigen's FN01R-C ($1290) and Motegi FF-6 $1399 the Hyperblack has really caught my eye and I think that they will go well with my Silver Ebox. I have found WheelMax and Wheelsnext to have the best site/selection for what I am looking for.

I am gonna go with the Sprint Spring and camber kit. Do you have a camber kit on yours? and if so how many degrees did you offset the rear wheels.

Thanks for the help, haj 8) [/img]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts