Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my temporary fix for the blocked speedometer in my 08 EX. If I elongated the holes in the steering adjustment lock it would make for an un-natural driving position for me. I temporarily mounted the Scan Gauge II on the top of the panel with Military ordnance tape (Duct Tape) and will try it in that position for a while. The MPH readout is pretty accurate and I like knowing what the alternator/electrical system is doing along with the water temp. I try to be keenly aware of whats happening under the hood. I wish it had the oil pressure available, but I doubt that the oil pump would fail, so I could live with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seat does go up and down. I'm 6' 5" and I have the seat adjusted all the way. As soon as I'm satisfied with the line of sight to keep the gauge in my instrument scan without taking my eyes off of the road for too long, I'll figure out a way to mount it permanently. Anyway it works for me, plus when my wife drives the "E", she likes being able to see the MPH clearly.

·
Registered
859 Posts
theres someone on here who cut out the part of the steering wheel that blocks the top of the speedometer and put tennis balls on the 2 ends. that might work for you if you dont want to mount something else up there. i am 6"1 and just short enough to see that part of the speedometer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just don't look at the speedo then.:D

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
New to the world of GPS...But that gadget acts lke a speedometer too. I'm a happy guy .:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
New to the world of GPS...But that gadget acts lke a speedometer too. I'm a happy guy .:lol:
Yeah, and I have found that they are mighty accurate too, even the $150 handheld Garmin that I have. I purchased this unit because it can be mounted in the E or on the bike. The plate on the dash has the capacity to adjust all sorts of directions, so you tall guys should be able to find a sweet spot. The display is small for the car, but you can customize the screens and size of text on each screen! I can power it from the iPod power adapter and save the 2-"AA" batteries for the bike. If you don't use the backlighting this puppy will run for 3 days before needing fresh batteries! The Garmin Topo maps are great too! I have had really good luck overall, just wish Garmin would create a better user interface on the computer, it's kinda' clunky.

Last thing, REI has this on sale for $125

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts