Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
per Wiki: A temptation is an act that looks appealing to an individual. It is usually used to describe acts with negative connotations and as such, tends to lead a person to regret such actions, for various reasons: legal, social, psychological (including feeling guilt), health, economic, etc.

Very fitting definition! I was tempted recently. Being a car nut, I look at the car ads in the paper and even the local Honda dealer's online site all the time. Well, I came across a good buy. Or rather, I thought it was a good buy. It's an '07 SC in root beer. Nothing too exciting, but it's a manual tranny, and the Honda place was only asking $16.993 Certified Used with 33k miles. :eek: So I went by today to look at it without sales pressure and checked it out. I really like the root beer color, so it was looking very nice as I walked toward it. I looked at the front end, no major dings. Then I start checking out the sides and find several nicks and scratches and even a big splotch of touch-up paint, applied terribly. I then check the wheels and almost all of them have curb rash or dings. Ugh! Why don't people take care of their cars!? Oh well, I only owe 1 more year on the Crush, so she's staying with me.:D

So, long story short, I walked away. If anyone in this area wants a manual SC, and doesn't mind the paint & wheel issues, go check it out at Economy Honda in Chattanooga,TN.
http://www.economyhonda.com/used-inventory/2007-Honda-Element/261b4ba74046381e0169a85d52d6d80d.htm

·
Registered
224 Posts
Temptation

per Wiki: A temptation is an act that looks appealing to an individual. It is usually used to describe acts with negative connotations and as such, tends to lead a person to regret such actions, for various reasons: legal, social, psychological (including feeling guilt), health, economic, etc.

Very fitting definition! I was tempted recently. Being a car nut, I look at the car ads in the paper and even the local Honda dealer's online site all the time. Well, I came across a good buy. Or rather, I thought it was a good buy. It's an '07 SC in root beer. Nothing too exciting, but it's a manual tranny, and the Honda place was only asking $16.993 Certified Used with 33k miles. :eek: So I went by today to look at it without sales pressure and checked it out. I really like the root beer color, so it was looking very nice as I walked toward it. I looked at the front end, no major dings. Then I start checking out the sides and find several nicks and scratches and even a big splotch of touch-up paint, applied terribly. I then check the wheels and almost all of them have curb rash or dings. Ugh! Why don't people take care of their cars!? Oh well, I only owe 1 more year on the Crush, so she's staying with me.:D

So, long story short, I walked away. If anyone in this area wants a manual SC, and doesn't mind the paint & wheel issues, go check it out at Economy Honda in Chattanooga,TN.
http://www.economyhonda.com/used-inventory/2007-Honda-Element/261b4ba74046381e0169a85d52d6d80d.htm
Why would you pay that much for an older used vehicle, when you could get at brand new 2009 for a 4wd EX for about $22600 ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I like the '07 - '08 SC much better than the new ones, a manual isn't easy to find, and it was about 3k below normal dealer price.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Temptation

Well, I like the '07 - '08 SC much better than the new ones, a manual isn't easy to find, and it was about 3k below normal dealer price.
Okay, now I understand your reasoning, but it is amazing how they retain there value.

Keep looking until you find just the right one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
per Wiki: I walked toward it. I looked at the front end, no major dings. Then I start checking out the sides and find several nicks and scratches and even a big splotch of touch-up paint, applied terribly. I then check the wheels and almost all of them have curb rash or dings. Ugh! Why don't people take care of their cars!?
That is a good question. The way people take care of cars has made me fighting mad for years. People are wasteful They treat a vehicle like it is a throw-away product. I see a new car wedged in between old beaters and shopping carts all the time. All I can do is shake my head and wish I could buy one of them new cars, I sure would treat it with respect and care for the large investement. I have always had to buy used and put up with the dents and damaged alloy wheels. Owners don't know how much they are losing when they trade in the late model vehicle with all the damage on it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
She does look good from the pictures! That's a shame....:-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts