Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Temptation

per Wiki: A temptation is an act that looks appealing to an individual. It is usually used to describe acts with negative connotations and as such, tends to lead a person to regret such actions, for various reasons: legal, social, psychological (including feeling guilt), health, economic, etc.

Very fitting definition! I was tempted recently. Being a car nut, I look at the car ads in the paper and even the local Honda dealer's online site all the time. Well, I came across a good buy. Or rather, I thought it was a good buy. It's an '07 SC in root beer. Nothing too exciting, but it's a manual tranny, and the Honda place was only asking $16.993 Certified Used with 33k miles. :eek: So I went by today to look at it without sales pressure and checked it out. I really like the root beer color, so it was looking very nice as I walked toward it. I looked at the front end, no major dings. Then I start checking out the sides and find several nicks and scratches and even a big splotch of touch-up paint, applied terribly. I then check the wheels and almost all of them have curb rash or dings. Ugh! Why don't people take care of their cars!? Oh well, I only owe 1 more year on the Crush, so she's staying with me.:D

So, long story short, I walked away. If anyone in this area wants a manual SC, and doesn't mind the paint & wheel issues, go check it out at Economy Honda in Chattanooga,TN.
http://www.economyhonda.com/used-inventory/2007-Honda-Element/261b4ba74046381e0169a85d52d6d80d.htm
Why would you pay that much for an older used vehicle, when you could get at brand new 2009 for a 4wd EX for about $22600 ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Temptation

Well, I like the '07 - '08 SC much better than the new ones, a manual isn't easy to find, and it was about 3k below normal dealer price.
Okay, now I understand your reasoning, but it is amazing how they retain there value.

Keep looking until you find just the right one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.