Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved our SUV tent from Cabelas. While not a factory option I thought I would post about it anyway. This thing is 10'x10' so rather large..Big step up from our backpack tents. But we're wanting to get up off the ground, tow a small boat so camper isnt an option. The tunnel from the tent to the back of the "E" does a pretty good job of cinching around the open hatch and gate. Sets up easily and disconnects quickly. The only warning is to make sure exhaust cools off before hooking up as the tent makes direct contact with tailpipe. The tunnel can be removed and the tent is then freestanding. Napier also makes a similar tent(they make the Sportz Truck Tent), but I have dealt with Cabelas for years and trust them..They didnt disappoint.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd like to see some pictures of that to see how this works. Sounds really interesting. I agree about Cabelas, they're a first class establishment.

·
Registered
461 Posts
DB, could you post the Cabela's catalog number, please? I couldn't find the SUV tent on their webpage. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote:67bbd9bf39="wr70beh"]I'd like to see some pictures of that to see how this works. [...snip][/quote:67bbd9bf39]

me too. :?:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Napier’s tent is first class. It has a freestanding area 8'X8'X7' and attaches to the back of the 'E' with ease. There is a canopy over the door for shade and a rain fly as well. The tent has a sky light for stargazing and is quit water-resistant. I will have pictures of it shortly. I have used it twice know and have been happy with the construction. Her is the web site for the tent
http://www.napierenterprises.com/tent_detail.php?tent_id=101&returnurl=/tents.php?category=1

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote:12d15fecfd="jnes"]I am soooo lazy. I finally moved a picture of the tent to my server. [/quote:12d15fecfd]

Looks great! Does it "seal" well enough to keep out mosquitoes and other critters? That is my main concern out here in So Cal...

·
Registered
116 Posts
We just got back from an extended camping trip with the E and the tent. It was great. What I love the most is that it takes about a minute to put the tent on. We bought foam pads for the floor and slept with our heads on the tail gate. It just does not feel like sleeping in the car to me. Everything worked out very well. To answer your question, no bugs nor rain got in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts