Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone making an after market tent for the E yet? Seems like something a little more robust might be in order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A company by the name of Napier makes a product called a Sportz SUV tent that attaches to the rear of an SUV. It is 8'X8'X8' and has a tunnel that extends onto the rear of the SUV. It has a rain fly and an awning for the door. You can see this tent at www.sportsrack.com. I can extend to all element owners club members a discount if they call me and tell me they saw the post on this site. I can also answer any questions you may have about this product or racks in general.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kmart carries the suv tent but are currently out of stock. One of the members here posted a link to it before.

Here's a link to a website that sell it for $124.95 only.
http://www.ourcampsite.com/01250.html

This is what it looks like.

Here's another site that sells tents for SUV's. A little pricey but you get the idea.

John

·
Registered
30 Posts
eltoro said:
A company by the name of Napier makes a product called a Sportz SUV tent that attaches to the rear of an SUV. It is 8'X8'X8' and has a tunnel that extends onto the rear of the SUV. It has a rain fly and an awning for the door. You can see this tent at www.sportsrack.com. I can extend to all element owners club members a discount if they call me and tell me they saw the post on this site. I can also answer any questions you may have about this product or racks in general.
It appears that www.sportsrack.com is under construction. :(

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
can someone please post a link to the kmart tent? i went on the kmart website and couldn't find an SUV tent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in the tent. Does it project past the edge of the tailgate with a hard floor? Would there be enough room for my wife and I, and our two boys (8 & 11) to sleep inside the E with the tent attached?

·
Registered
43 Posts
:D the tents are really nice! i hope to get one to maybe long period stays some where but i enjoi sleeping in my E as is right now lol gotta love the moon roof :wink: .

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would be interested in seeing some interior pics of this attached to the E. It is usually just me and my dogs out camping in the E, but it would be nice to have extra space for my friends should the need arise.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the big Napier 80000 series tent. Do not underestimate how nice it is to have a big tent. I just came back from another camping trip with it. You can stand in it. You can store stuff in it. You can eat in it. You can sit protected from wasps and misquitoes. You don't have to bring another screened canopy I see so many campers have.

Get the Element table legs then you can eat inside off the spare tire cover. You can even sit or eat off the tailgate and not the camp picnic table. Cook outside and bring it in. The new collapsing scissor type chairs(no arm rests) fit under the seats nicely for transport. Set those up in the tent. Clear them outside for sleeping inside. 2 sleep in the car. 2 sleep in the tent.

You can drive away and seal the tent. You can close the tailgate and hatch and lock the car with the tent still hooked up. The entrance is to the side and will face inside your campsite. It will be next to the drivers side doors.

I swear when you set this up you feel you have a 1 bedroom apartment. Amazing 8) Pics at hondaelement.org Image Gallery

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
The SUV tents look fun- but here's something to consider: you can't really use your E if it's also doubling as base camp. For about 50$ at Dicks I got a nice 6 man tent that does a great job. It sets up fast, and frees up the E to explore if I choose. I've found it to me a more flexible option, but as always YMMV.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The link works now, connects to Rack and Roll, which has some sexy looking trailers for bikes and gear. I found the tent in exterior accessories for $143 and change and I believe it said free shipping. I haven't done business with these folks but it may be worth a second look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you do a search, and look through all of Hiker Chick's camping info, you'll see pics of the Sportz tent hooked up to the E, and what it looks like from the inside! She has a plethora of ideas and good advice about camping with the Element!:D

·
EOC Rank: BANNED! :)
483 Posts
Barb said:
The link works now, connects to Rack and Roll, which has some sexy looking trailers for bikes and gear. I found the tent in exterior accessories for $143 and change and I believe it said free shipping. I haven't done business with these folks but it may be worth a second look.
Locally "Sportsrack" changed it's name to "Rack N Road". I bought my Thule towers and crossbars from them. The local shop here in sac seems pretty cool, and they said they'd match prices, but their prices were already low.

I'll maybe call em tomorrow and see if they carry that tent in stock.

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
somewhat a little more $$$$ but worth the head room and size for moving around in it.

http://www.tentsfortrucks.com/

it's at Truck candy, napier makes it..
j.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts