Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local private seller has an '06 LX 4WD that I'm going to test drive later this afternoon. I've talked with him today. He wants $12,900; the Element has 35k miles on it.

Is there anything that I should ask about and/or look for when checking the vehicle today? The price seems fair to me. Is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Test Driving a 2006 LX AWD this afternoon

Thud,
Thoroughly check out this forum for issues/questions to common to Elements and have the car inspected by an impartial expert. Maybe a Honda dealer. I had to pay $75 for this twice but feel it's easily worth it.
Get a Carfax or AutoCheck.
Wrecked, burned, flooded, salvaged, etc.?
This forum contains a wealth of Element info but you have to take the time to mine it. Then you're hooked!
Good luck!
John

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AutoCheck print out is clear. The test drive was nice. It's in very good condition, and the seller will pay the $50 or so to have the 7 year/100k warranty transferred to me.

I'm talking with my finance folks tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Sounds good. Hope the details work out and you get your E.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thudstaff's E-deal

How's it going Thud?
Sounds like nice car at a good price. Low miles for that price.
Did you get it?
Post a pic here!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How's it going Thud?
Sounds like nice car at a good price. Low miles for that price.
Did you get it?
Post a pic here!
I'm working the deal right now. Since the current owner has a loan on the vehicle, we have to jump through some hoops.

He has his insurance through State Farm and has it financed through them. I'm also with State Farm. Provided State Farm can give me a good rate (I was approved today and have a very high FICO), I will finance through them which should make this pretty smooth.

I'm looking forward to getting it. It will be replacing a 2000 Dodge Caravan with > 172k miles on it with a bashed in passenger's door and damaged fender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Closed the loan with SF today. Got a rate of 5.69% for 36 months.

It will be some time (hopefully) next week when I can take possession as the title has to get switched internally at State Farm. It's kinda weird. The current owner is thankful to get out from under the payment, and I'm getting a solid deal on an E.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Best of luck to you, The E is a grest vehicle, very reliable and fairly easy to wrench on..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Closing this deal today has been tempered by the news today that my dad died in his sleep last night. He was 70. My wife, kids and I live about 1000 miles away and will be hitting the road in the morning. All of a sudden, getting a new vehicle seems a bit less important.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thudstaff's E-deal

Thud,
I echo Jojo's statement of sincere condolences.
I am truly sorry for your loss.
Godspeed to you and all your family in your journeys.
Keep us posted and if we can help, call on us.
John

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the kind words. While this is pretty difficult for me, I know that I will get through it. I'll then be back on this forum when I do get my E to yuck it up with you folks!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I wish to extend my deepest condolences to you and your family. The unexpected loss of a parent is always tough. Be safe on your journey.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your family my condolences

My uncle passed November 5th at 85 years. Enduring 20 days of CICU
We, the family had to have his pacemaker turned off b.c. of several
other terminal issues. he passed in 12 minutes.
My Dog Roxy will be put down this week, cancer has taken over, any day now :(

A slow death hurts everyone in so many ways

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the kind words. Got back last night. Picked up the E this morning. Can't drive it until I get tags which I can't get until I get the title from my bank.

Ugghhhh.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts