Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I just paid for my new BLK 4x4 ex element with a huge thanks to all the board members for thier posts and info.
But I do have an interesting story.
I spent all day at the dealer working out a satisfactory deal and ended up paying MSRP, but with fog lights, floor mats and steering wheel cover. OTD $23,000.
Sooo there I am signing the last line of the contract when the Manager comes in and informs me they cannot let me have the car BECAUSE they can not find the MSRP Sticker and aparently it is against the law for them to sell me the vehicle without it. I almost cried, not really, but I was sad, so I am now driving a rental car until Saturday, which is when Honda is overnighting the new MSRP Sticker to the dealer.
I will keep you all informed and thanks again for helping me with my purchase.
Loren :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think they should toss in at least a few more goodies for making you wait because they were disorganized. Congratulations, you will love it. I just had mine out for a night drive across the city. Zoom Zoom.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Congrats (sorta) but yes a nice leather steering cover and floormats might be in order here.. that is obsurd.. they certainly should give you compensation! Make sure you get it!

I did pay msrp but i have a dealer who throws in things like mad.. My accessories were not all in when i picked up my E on Jan 25th, they more or less were in Feb 25th, so they picked up my element early this week, and left me a vehicle of my choice to drive in the meanwhile, free of charge. (I went for the Civic hybrid cause i was curious.. and am rather surprised that hybrid though no sports car has umph.. pep and all.. nice vehicle)

Also my hubbie damaged my E 2 days after i got it, the dealer is taking care of that for me, all I have to pay is $50 (vs $250) very cool.

I never asked for a thing above or beyond, they keep offering and giving, i don't have to pay for any maintainance including oil changes for 3 years) Great dealer, i am blown away!

So if they are making you pay MSRP and they are inconveniencing you make sure they give you the service you more than deserve!

Good luck, please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops typo, they are giving me the fog lights, carpet and steering wheel cover for the total price of $23,000.
But I am definately going to ask for something else as suggested, the only part that really sucks is that I am in Northern Cal and all the dealers have them marked up or don't have any of the 4x4 instock, so bargining power is little to none.
I can't wait till sat!! 1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts