Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relatively new here, but I have had my Element for almost 1 year. I have done many searches on this site and have been graciously helped by some of the great members here. I have one question though, why the attiude when someone asks a question? I know that they are encouraged to search for their own answer, but answering with sarcasm or all CAPS? Some of you are more knowledgable and more familiar with the site than others, but let's get rid of the nastiness, aren't we all here help each other out? I think that this site is a great resource and I appreciate all of the help and information that i have gotten.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I am a regular visitor at a Culinary web site in a different Country and same things are happening there very often. So, it does not happen just here and with the car people. It must be just the human nature in general (at least of some humans).

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree with the OP but you have to understand this is pretty much on any forum out there and not just this one. The thing you have to remember is some people are miserable with their own lives and want to share the misery so try not to let it bother you. There is good in everyone......some people you just have to look beyond the huge ass on their face to see it ;). There are good people here though bro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with the OP but you have to understand this is pretty much on any forum out there and not just this one. The thing you have to remember is some people are miserable with their own lives and want to share the misery so try not to let it bother you. There is good in everyone......some people you just have to look beyond the huge ass on their face to see it ;). There are good people here though bro.

I totally agree, the people are great here and I have been helped.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know all about what OP is talking about, though I have not noticed it here yet. I tried to join a Z car club to get help restoring my 240z Gold, and basically all I got was "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION *****"

·
Registered
191 Posts
People talk real big and tough when it's on a Keyboard :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Do you check the dates on the posts you're referring too? Because in the early days of this site things were a bit more racous. But gee....

EVEN I HAVE MELLOWED!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head Blue Toaster 08. One only need go back within the last month and read some of the abusive comments because they didn't agree with the person posting. Almost an attitude that if you don't have 4,831 posts, what could you possibly know about anything. I personally like most of the people on this site and have found very valuable and useful information. Keep up the good work everyone.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I am on a few sites and by far this is one of the best one that doesn't bash but there are a few and the Moderators do a great job taking care of it. I find it to be very informative and sometimes fun. I wouldn't have bought the E without seeing this site.:D

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I have already discussed this with BlueToaster08. I do agree with him that there are far too many things said on the site to new people, but it is also the nature of sites that have been around for many years with a large core of enthusiasts. When things become very family-like then everyone forgets when someone new arrives what is was like to be that new person trying to learn.

While the search function isn't the greatest with vbulletin forums software, it is what we use. Some people use Google to search the forums and there are instructions out there for doing that.

If you get annoyed by new members coming in and asking what you think are the "same old questions", then just skip replying to their post/thread. That alone will cut down on most of what we get complaints about believe it or not.

Thanks everyone.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you get annoyed by new members coming in and asking what you think are the "same old questions", then just skip replying to their post/thread. That alone will cut down on most of what we get complaints about believe it or not.

Thanks everyone.
Quoting for truth. There are reasons that my post count is less than 1,000 after over 3 years of being here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts