Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all.
Well, we made it home alive.
I just wanted to drop a note to thank all of you for your hospitality, we had a great time in St Louis! It was cool to meet and get to know you. Sean and I do a lot of events for KICKER and we have yet to meet a group of people as nice and accepting as you all have been. This time it wasn't like work at all.
Thank you to Tom and Julie for all their hard work, I know how much work it is to put something like this on and still handle daily life.

Those of you who won subs in the raffle, please contact me with any issues: [email protected]

One thing I will never forget about the meet: Walking through downtown St Louis with NO shoes on....The whole time, thinking "I am going to have to borrow some of Julie's gauze and tape when I get back to the room.":shock:

Keep in touch.

Sean & Casey

·
1,049 Posts

I am glad to hear you got home safely. You guys have an excellent E. I hope to see it again soon. I hope to be in touch soon on the show in Wichita. I am excited to get some things going in our neck of the woods. :razz:

HEARTLANDERS UNITE!!!

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
I was nice to meet the both of you, and I too agree with what you said. Everyone was really cool at the meet.

I really like what you've done with your E and hate to say that I want to copy what Sean did on the passenger's side of the install. I've also wanted to put blue leds in mine and now that I've seen it first hand feel more confident on how to make it look clean.

Thanks for coming to the meet, it made the trip even more worth it. :D

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I saw Sean on tonite's episode of OverHaulin'.
I thought it was just going to show him scooting around in the background but he had a buttload of camera time.
Good work once again.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Empire said:
I saw Sean on tonite's episode of OverHaulin'.
I thought it was just going to show him scooting around in the background but he had a buttload of camera time.
Good work once again.
I TIVO'd a couple, hoping to catch him! Which episode Empire?

·
Registered
242 Posts
It was awesome meeting you guys, hell everyone I met at the meet was so nice...thank for an excellent time you guys! Tryin to talk the other half into Vegas...wish me luck!!:grin:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
T Mac said:
This was the "bling" episode. We showed it to our kids so they could meet Sean via TV. :) Then I made sure to tell them that I have Kicker components in my car and I have a Kicker t-shirt too. "That's cool, daddy" :)
By the end of the episode, though, I was sooooo tired of hearing them say bling...

So, how was Chip in person? Comes across as a really nice/cool guy on tv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's even cooler in real life. Fun guy to hang around. This was my second eposide, the first one was at SEMA 04'. He had some tires custom cut for the build (a 70's Mustang) and one off wheels made. The tires had horse heads in the tread pattern. Well they weren't D.O.T. approved. So when the mark got his car back it had regular tires on it. Chip calls him and tells him that he is having another set of the same wheels made with the horse head tires mounted on them. So when went to shows all he had to do is swap rims!

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Sean Forgot to ask you if you put dynomat in your E? Figured you did, but didn't know, and if you did how much did you use. The whole E or just the floor, etc.

Thanks.:)

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking about putting 2 10" subs on the back floor, something similar to the alpine install. Is everything going to rattle terrible if I don't put dyno in initially?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
You want to Dynomat your car for both rattles and just the general sound quality. Otherwise the whole car will start contributing to your sound. For a high end install, Dynomat or one of its competitors is a necessity. Put double layers over the door panels and anywhere there are moving pieces underneath, like above the rear wheel wells, rear axle and drive shaft.

You also want to do it initially because everything - wires, speakers, amps, whatever - runs over it and you don't wnat to have to take all of that stuff out later on to Dynomat your car.

Check out this report:

Sound Deadener Showdown

I'll give you another reason to Dynomat your car. I often let other E owners drive my vehicle because it doesn't drive like theirs. It has a much more dead and solid feeling. One described it as a "Cadillac Element". I like that. When I bought my car, I thought it felt and sounded flimsy. Not any more.

I put about $800 of Dynomat in my car.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Use lots of heat with conventional Dynamat. You'll need a heat gun.

Dynamat Extreme sticks better without heat.

With either, use a roller to roll it in place, forcing it to stick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts