Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was just perfect Friday morning after Thanksgiving. The Bay was glass and I just couldn't wait to go out.

I love those days when the sea and sky are the same color and there is no horizon:)

It was so calm, I saw something shiny in the distance and peddled way out to where I saw it, only to find out it was a bubble on the water:grin:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks beautiful... what's the water temperature out there? I wonder if I could do this here in Omaha (below)... probably not, huh. What's the coldest conditions any kayakers here have gone out in ?? Just got myself a kayak on craigslist last night! I'm so excited to use it! (will have to wait until ~May though for warmth to return :( ).

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well I for one am jealous. I've usually been on the water till I can't break the ice any more, then I get out the xc skis. But fewer and fewer friends are still as intrepid (stoopid) and it's not too safe (stupid) to go alone. So my yak is hanging in the garage cold and dry.
One winter back when we lived in Burnsville we decided to paddle the Minnesota River in a blizzard. We went down to blackdog and slid down the snowy hill into the water. My yak torpedoed under the thin layer of ice and I got a cold face full. Thankfully it didn't pop my spray skirt off or I would have been sunk, I miss that old Aquaterra though.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Well I for one am jealous. I've usually been on the water till I can't break the ice any more, then I get out the xc skis. But fewer and fewer friends are still as intrepid (stoopid) and it's not too safe (stupid) to go alone. So my yak is hanging in the garage cold and dry.
One winter back when we lived in Burnsville we decided to paddle the Minnesota River in a blizzard. We went down to blackdog and slid down the snowy hill into the water. My yak torpedoed under the thin layer of ice and I got a cold face full. Thankfully it didn't pop my spray skirt off or I would have been sunk, I miss that old Aquaterra though.
Why am I not surprised to learn this? :roll:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts