Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always heard a rattle/squeak/ticking noise from the back hatch every time I pull in or out of my garage. I guess anytime it involves up/down suspension movements.

Try the tissue or platic bag trick first (read 2nd post). This has ELIMINATED the noise from the back hatch. Thought I might share this with people here since it drove me crazy for a months now!!!

http://www.hondaelement.org/showthread.php?s=0e9bb289db2d97a4fa748108c455a0e0&threadid=2202

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll have to try these suggestions. I just had my E at the dealership for the past four days while the "re-adjusted" the rear hatch and fixed the rocking drivers seat problem. The clunking noise is almost completely gone but is still there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Anyone have a $1 fix for that rattle I hear just behind my head when I go over a bump? My dealer said he tightened everything when I took it in, but as soon as I drove home, there it was. :evil:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I seem to be experiencing a ticking rattle right overhead of the driver seat on the ceiling. Slow and fast speeds, except it is more audible at slower speeds. I can't pinpoint it and am curious to see if the other suggestions posted will take care of it because sound does travel in weird ways at times. If not, please let me know if you have any other information regarding this type of rattle. I tried tightening the roof racks but no dice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Seems like the latches in these areas are rattling. I think using a soft coating like a non-drying thread locking coating would do the trick. This stuff is like honey or jam that does not dry. Try an industrial hardware store. Sorry cannot remember the trade names.

I do not have this problem but I don't travel much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:aeb6c0e144="rockyelement"]Try the tissue or platic bag trick first (read 2nd post). This has ELIMINATED the noise from the back hatch. Thought I might share this with people here since it drove me crazy for a months now!!!

[/quote:aeb6c0e144]

Thanks Rocky!!! The plastic bag trick works great!!!! Tried it last night and it completely cured the squeaking noise from the back. I do need a more permanent fix, I think I'll try the wool felt as noted in the link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts