Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was driving my E and i stopped for gas and the ac was working properly.after i filled it up with gas and drove away from gas station.i noticed ac was blowing warm,i immediately know ac is broke. ok here are the syndrome.
the ac button does light on and air does blow from the vent but i cant hear ac compressor engaging.the ac belt is fine.ac fan turns on. condenser fan turns on
is my e out of ac freon? i know if freon is low.ac compressor wont engage due to low pressure...
can some one please help..which fuse should i check?
thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am having the same problem. I have a 03 Honda Element as my daily with 92k miles. Two weeks ago I noticed the AC seemed a little weak. Then a few days ago it stopped working completely. The compressor is not turning on at all. I had some 134 sitting around after I topped off a friends unit last year. So I hooked it up with the little gauge it comes with and it pinned the gauge up over 80psi. I had it hooked to the low side. The plastic cap had a "L" on it, plus I think you can't hook these to the high side.
I thought maybe it was low on 134 which is why the compressor will not turn on, so I opened the can and nothing came out. I then vented some of it into the air to see if it was clogged, it worked fine. So I bought another can with gauge thinking the gauge might be bad, same thing. It would seem there is too much pressure for the stuff to leave the can.
Last year I also thought the AC was not cold enough so I hooked the gauge up. The compressor would kick on and run around 50psi (I think) and then when it went off the gauge would go up to 80psi for a few seconds until the compressor kicked on again.
Ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts