Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
There is definitely a lot to do outdoors and living here in California there is always somewhere to go and things to do :grin:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'll be adding the West Coast Summer meet up in yer neck of the woods to my collection in August
Cool deal, that is a great area up there. Not sure if I can make it though which really sucks since it is kind of close by .

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was going thru somne old photos and found these with my brother who was out on a buisness trip in early jan. Hiked the Hagen Canyon in Red Rock State Park, Kern County.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Went out and hiked Red Mountain off the 395 about 20 miles north of Kramers junction. Blazed our own trail right up the side of the mountain. We had 2 false peaks before we hot the actual summit. Summit was a little less than 6K and we took theointaian straight flow as well. Will post more pics but here are a few for now. Total time was 4:26 and a round trip of approx 9-10 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We could have rode up to the base of the mountain but it i so damn low I barely made it in the lot. It added extra mileage but it was still fun. We was wondering thru the desert like a couple fools on peyote

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rainbow Falls

2.6 round trip hike with a gorgeous 100 ft waterfall to top it off. The forest caught fire in 1992 due to a lightning strike....erie!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
June Lake

This town was awesome, nestled at the base of these mountains. The water was ice cold and crystal clear, makes sense because it comes from the nearby Glacier.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mono Lake

Jaw dropping!! A salt lake with no outlet of water, means no water goes out of the lake only in. We spent the whole day here just exploring. The Alkali flies were in the millions!! They are a huge source of food for the 100's of migratory birds that come each year. No worries they weren't the type to annoy you!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts