Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the after market arm rest large enough to also serve the front passenger?? I can't believe that the Honda engineers didn't consider that most "passengers" have left arms that they prefer to occationally "rest" on a darn arm rest :) I looked at Honda's aftermarket large arm rest but I can't see if it serves as a "dual front arm rest" for both the driver and passenger. Can anyone help me out??? Email me at [email protected] Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
I read on a post somewhere, it's probably buried now, that it's wide enough so that both the driver and front passenger can use it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It is, the bf puts his arm on it. It's also big enough so that the passenger does not interfere with the driver's arm - unlike in my Chevy S-10.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The larger armrest works great serving both driver and passenger comfortably. 8)

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the armrest and it pretty much covers both. My wife and I love the idea of not fighting for the leaner like we do in our CRV and the storage compartment is a plus. Lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed mine last night. Took about 15min. including putting away tools.

What a difference. It replaces that stick they call an arm rest.

I have a 5spd. EX. does not seem to interfere at all with brake or gear knob.

Nice!

·
Registered
1 Posts
:D My husband and I can both use it. It is wide enough for the passenger to use when it's down in place. (By the way, my husband is the passenger!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My husband is the passenger of my Green E and he sadly misses an arm rest, but I don't like mine in the down position!! If we get the one you guys are talkin' about does it mount to my (driver's) seat? He'd like one just like mine on the passenger's seat so he can have it down even when I have mine up!! I have heard of some of you buying another driver's side armrest and mounting IT on the passenger's seat!! Is this the way for us to go? Thanks, Shelley (gardener)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, the storage armrest does install on the driver's side. If your husband wants his own, the you will probably have to take a stock armrest and put it on his side. You'll have to do some cutting and some minor modifications but it is doable. Search the threads as there are several that have already done the mod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts