Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend just got his Expidition for 300 over invoice at Costco. The "great people at ford :twisted:" wanted 5,000 more. Ovisouly this is a good deal and I was wondering if anybody knew how much the Costco deal is for a 2WDX Element? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you have the phone number for this service? I am a member of Costco but cannot find it on their website. I figure I could give it a try too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried this approach when I was looking for a CR-V, but Costco had no Honda Dealers in my area.

They did find a dealer willing to sell a Toyota RAV4 for $200 over invoice.

Try it. It's free for members.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to buy an Element through Costco. I live in North Carolina, and the nearest Costco-partnered Honda dealership was 200 miles away in Virginia. I called the dealership anyway, and was told that the Element is not part of the Costco car program. I ended up paying about $800 over invoice or $700 under MSRP for my AWD EX from a reglar dealer.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I tried buying through Costco in Baltimore. The deal I was offered was an immediate $300 off the MSRP. Unfortunately, I just couldn't meet with the salesman due to a number of circumstances. I tried my local Credit Union buying service and got a better deal two blocks from my house, so it all worked out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You need to just get your financing and go through a Fleet Sales Manager at the Honda Dealership nearest you. If they don't have a Fleet Sales Manager, find a dealership with one. It'll pay off greatly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is how it was explained to me when I went through the program... Costco negotiates price with dealerships, not manufacturers. So, there is not a set Costco price across the country on any given auto - it depends on the area in which you live. Fortunately, I live on the West Coast, and there are many Honda dealers in my area who are affiliated with the Costco program. They all had about the same price on other vehicles we purchased.

The bad news is that Costco cannot negotiate with dealerships that are not willing to negotiate (for example, on hot models). Consquently, there is no special pricing on the Element in my area. The benefit then of using the Costco program is the sales experience - dealing with the Costco rep at the dealership, who is subject to intense scrutiny by Costco. I had a pleasant purchasing experience through the program, although the deal was closer to MSRP than invoice.

You may have better luck if you live on the East Coast with Sam's Club, which has a similar program.

·
Registered
156 Posts
[quote:8735e064fd="85734250983"]The benefit then of using the Costco program is the sales experience - dealing with the Costco rep at the dealership, who is subject to intense scrutiny by Costco.[/quote:8735e064fd]

Yeah, um...I talked to an alleged Costco rep at a KC Honda dealer (I bought from a different one) and all I got was the runaround, could not even get a price out of this character. You know when you talk to a bad car dealer and you feel like taking a shower afterward to get the slime off you? Yeah, it was that bad. I should probably send Costco an email about it.

You could also just talk to a reputable dealer like supaaman or Kim from Joliet Honda. Look for their posts on this board.

Good luck!
Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote:3e6d5ee2ac="SteveO"] Yeah, um...I talked to an alleged Costco rep at a KC Honda dealer (I bought from a different one) and all I got was the runaround, could not even get a price out of this character.[/quote:3e6d5ee2ac]

I should have written "supposed" benefit... I had a similar experience when attempting to purchase a VW. Certainly not helpful. All we did was wind up going somewhere else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The NY area costco location was in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. They quoted Invoice + $700 on an Element, but they didn't have a manual.

·
Registered
41 Posts
MiamiElement said:
You need to just get your financing and go through a Fleet Sales Manager at the Honda Dealership nearest you. If they don't have a Fleet Sales Manager, find a dealership with one. It'll pay off greatly.
I looked at the Costco approach before buying my E- bottom line: I would get 300$ of the sticker price- and the Costco Rep. at the nearest Honda Dealer was less than enthusiastic about having to deal with a Costco Customer. He never returned calls ( well - he FINALLY did- 4 months after I purchased the vehicle at a different Dealer) And seemed to want me to return in another week (or 2 he said) to schedual a test drive THEN. He seemed put out to have to do a test drive with me after I set up my appointment ( that he was 2 hrs late for)

All in all - it didn't seem to be that great a deal- and the sales person was less than professional to deal with.

:roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Yeah, um...I talked to an alleged Costco rep at a KC Honda dealer (I bought from a different one) and all I got was the runaround, could not even get a price out of this character. You know when you talk to a bad car dealer and you feel like taking a shower afterward to get the slime off you? Yeah, it was that bad. I should probably send Costco an email about it.

You could also just talk to a reputable dealer like supaaman or Kim from Joliet Honda. Look for their posts on this board."

Good luck!
Steve[/quote]

Steve that was my EXACT experience in dealing with a certain KC area dealer - who will go nameless. Probably the same idiot!

:?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After i sighned up for the costco deal only 19 hours later he called. I thought that was servace. I politely told him i was in escro and had to wait a month to buy an element and he gave me a number. I did not feel like he was trying to pressure me onto buying an element. When i buy one in augest hopefully i will defently give him a call.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I paid 400 below invoice for my element at the local dealer around my area... That is 19444... However, Costco is a great place to get your financing... If you have credit you can get as low a 3.89 apr....... WHich is GREAT>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts