Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
This is how it was explained to me when I went through the program... Costco negotiates price with dealerships, not manufacturers. So, there is not a set Costco price across the country on any given auto - it depends on the area in which you live. Fortunately, I live on the West Coast, and there are many Honda dealers in my area who are affiliated with the Costco program. They all had about the same price on other vehicles we purchased.

The bad news is that Costco cannot negotiate with dealerships that are not willing to negotiate (for example, on hot models). Consquently, there is no special pricing on the Element in my area. The benefit then of using the Costco program is the sales experience - dealing with the Costco rep at the dealership, who is subject to intense scrutiny by Costco. I had a pleasant purchasing experience through the program, although the deal was closer to MSRP than invoice.

You may have better luck if you live on the East Coast with Sam's Club, which has a similar program.

· Registered
27 Posts
[quote:3e6d5ee2ac="SteveO"] Yeah, um...I talked to an alleged Costco rep at a KC Honda dealer (I bought from a different one) and all I got was the runaround, could not even get a price out of this character.[/quote:3e6d5ee2ac]

I should have written "supposed" benefit... I had a similar experience when attempting to purchase a VW. Certainly not helpful. All we did was wind up going somewhere else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.