Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the real reason was my border colllie figured out how to drive and took me hostage here is photo proof of the little devil:

Ok well it is just my favorite photo of him inspecting my brand new E on its arrival. I am alive and well...

See I took a job that sucked the life out of me, and well I worked with a person who I kept thinking well perhaps her personality deficiency is caused by this or that, but you know personality disorders should not be this huge and long lasting with out medication...

I had to choose whether I just jet and leave the place (trust me it was not work sticking around and arguing my case) or do I run her over, and heal her personality disorder... Well she likely would have dented or seriously damaged my beautiful Ellie so I vied for the first choice, and just jetted...

so alas I am back... I do have allot of things to catch up on, so I will be in an out, but fear not I will not neglect ya'all again... Forgive me absence!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Been thinking seriously about getting a Border Collie to go with my new Element. Do you recommend this breed? Briefly, what is great about them?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Gypsy-

GREAT picture of your doggie! It is a classic!

Also...love the blue E, as you know we are both proud owners of "Classic" Es as they are discontinuing the color :cry: :cry: :cry:

But anyhow.....welcome back from your hellish reality that was! I am sure that life will be back to normal very soon! Jobs that suck the life out of you are just so conterproductive.....my hubby just left his back in March...he was absolutly miserable and everything in his life was suffering....he was working on his MBA part time, so we sent him off to school full time.....and he is now back to his normal (annoying) Happy Camper Self!

Sometimes ya just gotta bite the bullet, beacause nothing is worth that kind of misery!

Glad that you are back!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diane you are a doll, thank you for the warm welcome and empathy to my job horror... you know i had two offers the same day and took the lower paying one cause I thought it would be the better choice (ha, i was fooled) the bonuses were it was close to home.. So I could visit my pup, and hey I get to wear scrubs again soo no wardrobe issues (plus I could wear some cool stuff like Snoopy, Scooby, Dr Seuss etc, smiles) but alas it was way to grating on my nerves!

Hee I am one of those like your hubbie, so I feel for ya... people always have to comment about my incessant smiling, and bouncy happiness hee... hey i love to annoy, right? Anyhow you know the saying Keep smiling; make them wonder what you are up to... ahh a motto to live by!

HEMan: Hey there considering a border, wow, awesome choice, a few warnings, they are very high energy, so if you are looking for a lap pup forget it. They need challenges, so challenge often! Tell me about what you are looking for in a pup I can give you a better feel for if the border will be a great choice for you. Overall, a meet and greet will tell ya, when your eyes meet the pup and there is a connection breed is not the questions. For me, I had been in love with border collies since well before i knew the breed name (little house on the prairie.. remember Bandit?) now you see them every where (on everey arthritis commerical.. since they are so agile etc, it is a subliminal for them to have a border there). I would love to hear back and help you with your choice, take care and good luck!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good to see you are back. Sorry to hear your job was stressing you out so bad. I have been there too believe me. Just wanted to say you were very helpful to me when I first joined the EOC in researching whether the EX AWD 5 speed was even going to be built. I really appreciated it. Well my new SOP EX AWD 5 Speed is sitting in the driveway. Hope to get some pics of it soon with it's new accessories. Better yet photos of my dogs enjoying their new little truck. :wink:

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Virginia

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you thank you littledogbox, and i appreciate the comments that i was helpful, that makes me feel good. yeah some jobs sigh just well are argh! hee you know..

anyhow what no new arrival photos of your E???

I took them right away, my E was naked, no accessories yet.. i figured it would be cool to see how she changed with the additions! So I now have all my toys on my E.. so new photos will be taken soon.. it just has been like monsoon season here, so not very nice for a photoshoot.. but my E loves to puddle hop! heck these puddles are becoming lakes, hee..

I cannot wait to see your pup and E photos.. take care and again thank yoU! :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
So I now have all my toys on my E..
Hey Gypsy....have you added a bigger center console?? Would be curious to know if you have, what model, brand, cost, etc and a picture!

We both have EBP E's and I am looking for a console that is functional and attractive in the interior.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with the storage armrest i really had/have no need to add a console storage.. i like the floor console, works great, soo no something i was looking to change.. though i am considering the floor mats.. they are nice.. but from my orginal purchase all my goodies are in and installed..

i got:
foglights, roof rack, bumper trim, side step, seat back bungees, leather steering cover, armrest storage, sunroof shade, cargo cover, cargo net, cargo organizer, alarm system and remote locks.

I think that is all.. i don't think about it much .. i just enjoy playing with it now.. smiles..

let me know if you get and how you like.. and did you get the armrest storage??

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:abfe5a0d3e="GYPSYTDA"]thank you thank you littledogbox, and i appreciate the comments that i was helpful, that makes me feel good. yeah some jobs sigh just well are argh! hee you know..

anyhow what no new arrival photos of your E???

I took them right away, my E was naked, no accessories yet.. i figured it would be cool to see how she changed with the additions! So I now have all my toys on my E.. so new photos will be taken soon.. it just has been like monsoon season here, so not very nice for a photoshoot.. but my E loves to puddle hop! heck these puddles are becoming lakes, hee..

I cannot wait to see your pup and E photos.. take care and again thank yoU! :D[/quote:abfe5a0d3e]

It's been a monsoon here too! Guess I should have bought a boat instead. Can't even get out and wash Ol'OrangeEllie or even get a decent photo ( need an underwater camera.) :lol:

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Virginia

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
This was my first spring here in St. Louis....and man oh man was I not prepared to build an ark! 40 days and 40 nights of rain! I might as well still be living in WA state :lol:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey, glad you are back. (Were you gone??)

A border collie? Really now, I always thought a Dobi was more aggressive at taking hostages, heee?

Shaka

Ger

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hee yeah well he has his way of taking me hostage.. smiles.. he just stares me down till i obey his commands.. so rather then brute force he uses his mind.. you know they are really smart!

thank you for the welcome back, um er i think there.. sheesh was i gone.. sigh!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Gypsy - don't you just hate working for lunatics - especially those with split personalities. Quit saying that. I didn't say that. Yes you did. Leave me alone. Piss off. I'm tellling mom. Mommmm!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote:b6a4bebe92="lon777"]Gypsy - don't you just hate working for lunatics - especially those with split personalities. Quit saying that. I didn't say that. Yes you did. Leave me alone. Piss off. I'm tellling mom. Mommmm![/quote:b6a4bebe92]

Simply have to say thank you.. and you and you and you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome back. We sure missed you. Take care, there is more to life than a crummy job. There are better things out there just waiting for you.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
cj-

What part of Iowa?? My brother and his family live in Dubuque (his wife was born and raised there). They also lived in Quad Cities and some add named little town half way between the two.....I forget what it was called, begins with an M (I think).

My brother travels all over Iowa for his job though.....drives a pizza car, yet he makes fun of my E....seriously he is the Operations Manager for Papa Johns Iowa....so he drives this Chevy with Papa Johns Pizza Clings all over it....and to think he made fun of my E!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts