Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out from a chiropractor that my body is uneven. One side of my body weighs 5 lbs more, resulting in pain caused by the other side straining to make up for the weigh difference.

The driver seat may have contributed to the imbalance. When I drive, I feel a "tilt" to the right. It feels uneven. This may be all in my head, but given the back issue I cannot simply dismiss it as purely psychological.

Is there a way to evaluate the seat and see if the perceived imbalance is true and correct it?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
odd, but every chiropractor I've ever been too initially tells me I'm uneven. Apparently so are my kids and my wife...

AND, for only 24 visits, they can make me even again!

LOL
Look it up, no one is actually 'even' or balanced. We constantly shift from one side to the other to compensate for twisted, sore or strained muscles.
It took extensive testing and prodding by a trained physiatrist to discover that I have muscle groups in my lower back not firing anymore.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with going to a GOOD chiropractor, but you should be aware that some are only in it for the money, and will give you a bs diagnosis just to get your business. I've been to a few of those. I've stopped going to them after the 2nd or 3rd visit, when I notice the waiting room is full, and they are going thru patients pretty quickly (10 minute appointment times...really???) and the 'Doctor' spends next to no time with me...just an 'adjustment' and on your way.

Get another opinion...preferably from a reputable doctor...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
:lol:

Wow, your wife let's you keep some money???
Mine says I'm too irresponsible with my shopping habits... and then heads to the shoe store.

Seriously though, anything that keeps you from sitting comfortably flat in a chair should be removed from pockets before driving, or, if you MUST carry stuff with you, consider wearing cargo pants and only use the leg pockets. That's what I do and I've noticed my back don't hurt much anymore.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Take your wallet out of your back pocket :)
Many may laugh, including the OP, but this is absolutely legit. Happened to me some years ago. Right side back and hip pain, yada, yada, yada. My Doc said the same thing -- stop sitting on yor wallet! Problem solved! :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
...my body is uneven. One side of my body weighs 5 lbs more, resulting in pain...
Everyone's "uneven". The Chiro is trying to make your bank account "unbalanced." Look in a mirror. One of your eyes is probably a touch lower than the other, too :-D

The driver seat may have contributed to the imbalance. When I drive, I feel a "tilt" to the right.
Sounds like you want to call some chaser like James Sokolove. :twisted: He might be able to milk Honda for $15 or $20 Mil, and raise the price of all furure Hondas. :shock: OTOH, if you're like most men, you probably carry your wallet in your left hip pocket, and you probably have 20 different cards and about 4 years worth of receipts tucked in there. Lose the wallet, and you'll be sitting even again, pain free.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Any handfree headset is used in the car, or maybe answer cellphone next to right ear?
I have seen some driver talking on the phone with phone on the right ear, & with body lean at least 15 degree to the right at the same time, almost looks like they are purposely choose to avoid both front headrest, from behind their car. :roll:
I am very afraid of long term spinal cord injury for them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny. My doctor said the exact same thing, and I have been doing that.

As to the chiropractor, his "adjustments" seem to make it better, but not any more. He wants more scheduled, to which I am saying no. I will look for more natural remedies. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts