Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... today was supposed to be a day in which E owners met up at Pismo to do some beach driving....

....So I showed up at Pismo at around 12 noon (about 2 hours later than the time I had posted...) and drove up and down the beach along the shoreline in search of other E's...

...There were NONE to be found on the whole beach! (I wonder if anyone went??)

Actually... the whole time I was there, I saw 1 frist gen CR-V, and 1 Pilot... other than that no other Honda SUVs (excluding Acura).

So Since I didn't see anyone, I decided to go explore the sand dunes with the trusty ol E... of course, tired were taken down to about 15 psi to help the E stay afloat on the very soft and powdery sand.

Since I've never been off road, I really have nothing to compare this experience to, but the abilities of the E are somewhat of a force to be reckoned with. I wish there were a bit more torque, but overhall power felt more than adequate, and the E proved to be able to go up and down the sandy dunes with no major problems...

... except for when I took it to an area in which the drop off was a lot steeper than I anticipated and the E got stuck with the front driver's side wheel sutck in the air.

Luckily, some ATVers came by and helped push the E out!

(I would post video, but my video camera's head was dirty and the whole recording is pretty much unwatchable!)

Anyway... it was a good day and my E got it's first taste of something that wasn't road! It's nice and dirty bot inside and out.. and I'm very glad that we have the "washable" interiors!

Here are the pix... my mom and my little sister are in some of the pix... as well as my little doggie...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sorry to hear no one else showed up for your meet, but it looks like you had a good time regardless. Your pictures made me think of the line from a very old song:

"How much is that doggie in the window?"

:lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
WOW!!!! Awesome pics...now I want to go to the beach!!!!

Your dog is too cute for words!!! What is his/her name??? He/she sure likes the E....love the shot of the dog driving! SWEET!

·
Registered
125 Posts
That looks like so much fun. And the dog is awsome. I hope I can find a place like that so I can go offroading once I get my E.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:af04a997ae="Kayakin' Dan"]Is your Mom married?[/quote:af04a997ae]

:evil: :evil: :evil: yes :evil: :evil: :evil:

:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, if you're in California, how come there is no front license plate or even a holder on your E? Isn't that against the law here?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice Shots man! It was nice of those guys to help you out too. That is something that I would love to do also. I have the same car too. There is a meet by me at bear mountain next weekend and my fear is that no one will show like what happened to you. I'm going to be there regardless. I'll post pictures from the meet. Don't give up Shen! There will be other meets.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote:aa19521a58="sacramento"]Hey, if you're in California, how come there is no front license plate or even a holder on your E? Isn't that against the law here?[/quote:aa19521a58]

yep, so is my front tint, and my hyper-white turn signals too... but i think the car looks cleaner without the front holder/plate, with tint, and with hyperwhites.

these little things aren't usually things a cop will pull you over for, but rather things they'll add on if you are pulled over for speeding or other moving violations.

but then again... you might just stumble upon a cop who has nothing better to do that day.... you never know!

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:e75e8c4e11="Kayakin' Dan"]Is your Mom married?[/quote:e75e8c4e11]

I was going to ask about his sister..j/k way too young.

So, the reason no one showed might have something to do with you arriving 2 hours later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks Shen, those pictures make me want to try my vehicle on the Outer Banks now. You've proven it can be done with lowered air pressure and all the necessary precautions just in case you get stuck. Not this week, though, it'll be too windy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
[quote:e52ea52e23=" "][quote:e52ea52e23="Kayakin' Dan"]Is your Mom married?[/quote:e52ea52e23]

:evil: :evil: :evil: yes :evil: :evil: :evil:

:D[/quote:e52ea52e23]

Ahhhh hahahahahha, y'all make me laugh so hard! :lol:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
hey man just go to mapquest. or go to google and type in Pismo Dunes or Ociano Dunes. That should help.

·
Acura Tech
325 Posts
That's what the inside of my Element looked like after I did this three day camping/DJ event in wisconsin. I had to go to like Walmart while there along with food a couple of times. The paths at the campground were sand, so running around the grounds and getting in and out, I got lots of sand in mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts