Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much fun as I have had with her for the last three years, I stumbled into a tremendous deal on a new Dodge Nitro. I had been looking at some other vehicles over the last few weeks. The quirky things on the El were getting to me: trying to get people out of the car in a parking spot with those whacky rear doors, the lack of a sunroof in front, and the lack or roll down back windows, and most of all the tiny glove box and lack of good closed storage in the front seat area!!

So after lots of test driving Jeeps and Blazers and several others, I settled on the Dodge Nitro - which based on the Nitro Forum has been a common upgrade for lots of folks coming from an E. I read alot about the car and though there are a lot of negative critics - the same things are said about the El so I figure I will feel right at home. So far I am loving the leather interior, sunroof, and the Satellite radio - I didn't realize how many features ours are missing!! I will miss the E...but it was time to move on. And with Chrysler in bankruptcy and 850 dealerships being closed - they are dealing out there. I was able to get a deal that helped offset my concerns the car resale would suck!

SO....I wanted to thank everyone on here who has lent a hand over the last year or so, and I appreciate all of the posts that gave me ideas on changes and upgrades for mine. I wish all of you the best of luck and I am sure i will pop back in here from time to time to see whats new.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am not familiar with the car so I have no comment on it but I do sincerely hope you enjoy your new ride. Don't be a stranger and come visit us sometimes. :)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
See-ya, won't wanna be ya.........J/K
Good luck with the nitro, stop back every now and then to let us know how you are doing

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My sister loves her Nitro. Good luck with it. She has had some small problems with surface rust so watch out for that.

It's cool when our cars are in the driveway together because it looks like the battle of good and evil. My E gets to play the evil part:cool:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thats funny because my parents bought a nitro (I don't care for it) and he every now and then says "I shoulda bought one of those" meaning an Element. I told him they still sell them but he'd be upside down on the Nitro. Oh well live and learn. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
We looked at a Nitro about a year ago. We found it to be too cramped compared to the comfort the E provides; and the price tag was too much for the car. Aside from that I thought it was pretty neat....the spouse refuses anything other than the E though.

Do keep us posted how it works out for you!
:)
Diana

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good luck with a Chrysler! :lol:

A few words of advise, get the extended warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts